Thursday, July 22, 2010

Christmas Fireplace...

Hey Ya’ll,

Just playing with a challenge. Christmas in July. This is two variations of the same card. The cartridges we used are Christmas Cheer, Christmas Solutions, French Manor, Joys of the Season and Storybook.
All measurements I am going to list are by height. All fireplace pieces are at 3.00. Candles and candle holders are at 1.50. Triangle shaped tree at 1.50. Topiary tree at 2.50. Tree Pots are at 2.50. Picture frame and layers at 3.00. The frame doesn’t have a shadow layer, so I cut one regular and then hid the center rectangle cut for my back layer so I had something to mount the portrait with. Stockings are at 1.40.
 
The Fireplace screen is the tricky one. I used the gypsy to make this. The center of it is “Screen” on page 54 if the French Manor Cartridge. I welded it with a picture corner from Storybook. I rotated the screen 90 degrees and then added the picture corner. The picture corner is rotated 180 degrees and then copied and one side is flipper horizontally to make the other side. The screen image is 1.00 and the picture corners are 1.00. This changes when you group and weld them. When you cut this, the center of the screen image will come off of the welded design. I scored the inner corners to make it the shape of a fireplace screen and just glued the tips on each side with quilling glue. I then turned the screen image that was from the center back to the original direction and glued it on the front. This was a lot of work, but I really like the result.
 
 
The portraits were images I found on Google. I just printed them out 1 ¼ inches wide by 1 ¾ inches tall with the best resolution on my printer. I used a matte high quality photo paper.
 
The greenery across the mantle of the fireplace is using the Martha Stewart branch punch.
 
 
The card is 5 ½” x 8 ½”. The bottom matte is 5 ¼” x 8 ¼” and the wallpaper matte is 4 ¾” x 7 ¾” On the inside, the sentiment matte is 3 ¾” x 6 ¾”.
 
It sure was fun making these. Hope you all enjoy them!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these cards are amazing! I love all the details on these! Thanks for joining the FCCB challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are just amazing... amazing... Actually took my breath away... I love the fireplace grill...how creative is that... these cards just touched my heart...
    hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll are awesome! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this should be published! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. Love them all. Thanks for joining the FCCB challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful cards. Not been able to make my own cards in a while so I really appreciate looking at all the great work you guys are doing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome cards!! Thanks for joining us this week at Fantabulous Cricut :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW!! These cards are absolutely amazing!! What fantastic work you've done. WOW!!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG these carrds are beautiful !!! I LOVE them! wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are AWESOME!!

    Thanks for playing at the Fantabulous Cricut this week!
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  11. All that comes to mind is WOW. Those cards are incredible. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolute stunner! Just look at all those intricate details :) Congratulations on your win at FCCB, you definitely deserve it! :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, I have envisioned the scene on these cards for a long time now. I don't have all the carts you have but I now have enough sizes to give it a go now. I think I'd make it for a page layout rather than a card. It would be easier to make it if the pieces could be a bit larger. Thanks so much for the inspiration.
    What a wonderful thing to be creative together! My guy isn't interested in my paper crafting, but he bought my Cricut after seeing the infomercial. He knew I'd love it. And I do. And although he's not creative, he does work in the printing industry. HOORAY! (Occasional free card stock!) Shhhhh don't tell any one!;)
    I'll be back for the Hop. Thanks for sharing your talent(s.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those green leaves things on the top of the fireplace... What Cricut cartridge did it come from?

    ReplyDelete
  15. How in the world did I miss this one. It is amazing so much detail and ya know I love details. LOL I am looking to maybe scraplift this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it.
    WOW its a very warm card.
    And the details are wonderfull.

    Gr robin

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope this many years later you still get my message. I'm making a card using the fireplace in the Christmas Cheer cartridge. The way it cuts out I'm not sure what to do with it or put it together. I was trying to look at your pictures but I'm still unsure how to put it together. I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me what you did and how.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, where can I purchase the MS branch from? I've been on the hunt for this one. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete