Thursday, July 29, 2010

Floral Thanks…

Well, this one was inspired by Jeannie Phillips. She posted the most amazing card (If you haven't seen it yet, check it out http://aplaceformycards.blogspot.com/2010/07/thanks-2.html ) and I have always wanted to use that little link on her site for posting your own version of one of her cards, so this is what I came up with. I hope you all enjoy it, but I especially hope Jeannie likes this one.



For this card, I used Cindy Loo (Green flourish accents), French Manor (ornamental frame), Home Accents (butterflies), Tinker Bell and Friends (Flowers), Wild Card (thanks).




All of the flowers were cut from orange stock at a height of 2.00 from orange stock and a pink Cricut Marker was used to highlight the edges before cutting. The Flourishes were cut from green at a height of 1.40. The frame was cut at a height of 4.50. This frame has several cuts in it, but I used the contour feature on the Gypsy to hide the center cuts so that I just had a clean frame. The word thanks was stretched to layout properly using the Gypsy. It’s at a height of 11.40 and a width of 6.03. The butterflies were cut at a height of 1.00 and 0.75. They were cut from solid yellow stock and then detailed with black and white markers.


The card itself is 8 ½” x 11 ½” folded in half. The blue mat is 5 ¼” x 8 ¼” and then the corners are punched with a Martha Stewart Lace Corner Punch. The floral mat is 4 ¾” x 7 ¾” and also punched on the corners. The argyle layer was cut the size as the frame. The rest is just layering with quilling glue and 3D adhesive foam. Anything that is orange was inked with a hot pink ink. Anything blue was inked with a lime green ink.

The mats on the inside of the card were cut the same as the cover. The blue center piece was the inside cut from the frame used on the cover. A small white spot was added for the sentiment.



The word thanks and the butterflies on the card were coated with glossy glaze to add a litte more dimension. It needed something, but I didn’t think that glitter would work with someone already so bold.


Overall, I am really happy with the way it turned out.

5 comments:

  1. I so love when people use that little link...it thrills my soul... like you wouldn't believe..Thank You!

    I love your card...it turned out beautifully...
    Great corner punch! The details on the flower is amazing...and those butterflies... did you use the new punch you were telling me about???...the butterflies are just amazing.. amazing...your card is amazing.

    Hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog from Jeannie at A Place for My Cards. You do beautiful work. I have bookmarked your blog and will visit often to see your new creations.
    Marjorie from TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, I love your blog and will become a follower. I am very new to blogging just a couple of weeks but would love for you to visit.

    http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete