Thursday, July 29, 2010

You Mooved Me…

Hey Ya’ll,



This is another card I am going to put in the FCCB challenge, but basically just to share it. I started off trying to come up with a zoo theme and it ended up a little more barnyard. Hee! Hee! Hope you like the way it turned it. It was lots of fun to make.


The carts used in this one are A Child’s Year (tear), Paper Doll Dress-up (cow), Calligraphy Collection (Hearts), Pooh and Friends (weed patch), Paper Dolls for Everyday (barn) and Pooh Font (wooden accents and letters).



The cow was cut at a height of 4.00 out of black, white and tan. I used a brown Cricut Marker first and then cut the image so that the details would be highlighted. This is an accessory image, so I cut the other layers by hand. I just had some fun with some chalk and white and black markers making details stand out on the cow. I used a rust colored marker to make the freckles. The weed patch is cut at a height of 1 inch. This was also highlighted with a brown Cricut Marker. The fonts used were welded together using the Gypsy, at a height of 1.00 and cut from brown cardstock. The shadow was cut out of white. A brown Cricut Marker was also used on these to bring out the detail of the wood on both layers. I then used a white opaque marker and added a few extra accents. The corners on the card are the capital letter L and cut at a height of 1.30. The hearts are cut at a height of 2.50 and then 3.50 for the larger. The little tear on the cow is cut at a height of .50. The barn was cut from dark red, black and white stock. The layers were cut by hand and then detailed by hand. These were cut at a height of 3.00..



The card is made from 8 ½ x 11 inch red card stock folded in half. The bottom mat is black and cut 5 ¼ x 8 ¼ inches. The second mat is from a light blue grunge paper. It’s cut 5 x 8 inches.


When it was all assembled, I used some glossy glaze and brushed it over the wood pieces just to make them stand out a little more. I also used it on the little tear on the cow’s face to look wet.


We sure hope you enjoy the card. We had lots of fun making it!

10 comments:

  1. Oh! This is darling! I LOVE it! I came here from Jeannie's blog and have enjoyed all your cards. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card!!! It moooooooves me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! It's very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my.....I LOVE it!!!!!

    Thanks for being Fantabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love love this card! TFS!
    ~Dorcas
    http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe that is adorable. Thanks for joining us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just the cutest cow I have ever seen. Darling card!! Thanks for playing along this week at FCCB:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I love all the dimension you've added - and that sentiment is fantastic! Great work!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card! Love it! Thanks for playing at FCCB! Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete