Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chocolate and Teal Happy Birthday...

We have lots of birthdays coming up and lots of green, teal and chocolate down on the lists of favorite colors, so you will see a little repetition here. This is a really simple card using Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art.
The medallion is cut at a height of 5.00. I used the Gypsy and welded the shadow from the Happy Birthday (height of 2.00) in the center of the detailed layer (height of 5.00) from the medallion. This gave me a stronger platform so that I could use 3D adhesive on the detailed layer. The regular Happy Birthday text was cut at a height of 2.00 from the chocolate brown.
I had more plans for this card, but I really liked the stitching that was already printed on the paper and wanted that to be the feature. There is one strip of green ribbon running across the bottom of the bottom mat.

This card is 5 ½” x 8 ½”. The bottom mat is 5 ¼” x 8 ¼”. All layers of this card are inked using an ink called Chocolate from Close to my Heart.
The inside mat is cut the same as the front. The sentiment mat is 4 ¼” x 7 ¼” and the Happy Birthday is also cut from chocolate card stock at a height of 2.00. I hope those receiving this card love it and I hope you do too! Thanks so much for looking! Bobby

2 comments:

  1. your cards are sooo pretty, I must get these MS carts....but they are still not avaiable in Canada.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, the colors are wonderful together. MS Elegant Cakes.......I want it I want it......it is very very next on my list!
    Nana Donna

    ReplyDelete