Sunday, August 29, 2010

Halloween Giggle Card...

Hey Ya’ll,

This is a card that I though was funny. It actually turned out even better than I thought it would. I couldn’t find a chicken costume, so after a lot of glue and inking with tweezers, out little character turned out. Hope you like it as much as we did!
The Cartridges I used were Christmas Cheer, October 31st, Paper Doll Dress Up, Stone Script and Straight from the Nest.
The Haunted House is from October 31st. It was cut at a height of 4.00 twice out of black. Once to give the entire house with windows removed and then another time to get the roof edges. I didn’t use 3D adhesive on the extra pieces, but they still stood out just enough by adding an extra layer. I also cut the haunted house again at 4.00, but this time I used the contour feature on the Gypsy to remove all the little details except for the porch on the right. I then cut a circle from Christmas Cheer at a height of 5.30 to make the moon behind. I welded these two pieces together to make the background one piece. I used some butterscotch ink to embellish the moon with a dauber. I also used a white ink just to add a little glow behind all this on the blue mat before I added the layers.
I cut a bat at .50, a witch at 1.00 and a tree at 3.00. All from October 31st and all in black. I also cut the pumpkin with vines from October 31st at a height of 1.00 and then the other pumpkin at 2.00 using the contour feature and removing all the inside cuts. I then also cut this from orange with all the detail cuts. They eyes were added using a white opaque marker and a black marker for the centers. The Trick or Treat was also from October 31st and cut at a height of 1.40. I did the same with the contour feature as the others to make the shadow. I also cut the little character from Paper Doll Dress up out of black using the contour feature to remove all the details from his face for a shadow. The character was cut at a height of 2.50. I cut the character with all features in tact from a peach color at 2.50 and then use the contour feature again to remove everything by the mouth and cut that from red and then used a craft knife to just have the tongue.
The little pumpkin the character is holding is from Paper Doll Dress up. It’s cut at a height of 1.70. Again, I cut this with all details out of orange and then used the contour feature to remove the details and cut in black for the background.
There is a little feather on Straight from the Nest. I cut this out a bunch at a height of .50. I then inked the edges of the yellow feathers with a butterscotch ink and a Q-tip while it was still on the mat. I glued each feather individually to make the little chicken costume. I also used a blue marker to make the tears. The tears and the pumpkin the character is holding was coated with triple thick glaze to make them look shiny and the tear wet.
For the word chicken on the inside, I used Stone Script and welded the word. I used the regular and shadow feature. The “C” is cut at a height of 1.60 and all other letters are cut at a height of 1.60.
The card is 5 ½” x 8 ½”. The green mat is 5” x 8”. The navy blue mat is 4 ½” x 7 ½” and the sentiment mat is 4” x 7”.
This one was sure a lot of fun to make. Hope you all enjoy it!
Bobby

12 comments:

  1. Oh MY GOSH - this is so very cute - you guys are so clever! What a beautiful card - and it totally brought back a childhood memory of the huanted house at Disney world!!! I screamed and cried so much that they turned the lights on in the first room you go in! I will never forget and what a great reminder! Your card is boo-tiful! he he
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! You put so much detail into this card! Love the moon behind the witch on her broom!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill & Bobby, this is so cute. You put so much work and detail in your cards. This one is no exception. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very fun!! You did a great job
    Marcie (via Cardz TV)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is super cute. I am now a follower.
    www.scraphappenswithRhonda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you really did a wonderful job on your card.I love all the extras you did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this card is so cute! I love the inside too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! The detail is just awesome! TFS!
    ~Dorcas
    http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jill and Bobby, this card is so cute, I love it. You guys have such great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The attention to detail on this card is amazing. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really outdid yourself on this card. The sentiment on the inside is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing your work. I do believe I am going to have to look at your blog a little closer. I barely made the challenge but I invite you to take a peek at http://scrappingwithsherry1.blogspot.com/

    Take Care~ Sherry

    ReplyDelete