Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to Jeannie...

I made up this card for Jeannie Phillips’ Birthday. I knew I was late, but when I thought about this design, I couldn’t resist. I used the Sentimentals Cartridge for most of the pieces in this card. The hand that holds the little envelope to me looked like Jeannie’s hand in her video holding her makeup wedge sponge that she uses to ink with, so the rest was just a blast to put together. I sure hope she likes it and I hope you do to! Thanks so much for looking!
The card is 5 ½” x 8 ½”. The first mat is 5 ¼” x 8 ¼”. The second mat is 4 ¾” x 7 ¾”. The large frame is cut at a height of 4.75, the second at a height of 4.25 and the third at a height of 3.75. All of the hand layers and accessories are cut at a height of 4.00.  I used the contour feature on the Gypsy to remove the envelope details so that the wedge was clean. The ink bottle and accessories are cut at a height of 2.00. All of the pieces were inked using a deep wine color. The fingernails were polished using a burgundy marker. The flourishes were in my stash of cuts. I think that they were from Home Décor and were cut from metallic gold cardstock. The Happy Birthday was from the Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art Cartridge and cut at a height of 2.00. On the inside, the first mat is 5 ¼” x 8 ¼”, the second mat is 4 ¾” x 7 ¾” and the sentiment mat is 4 ¼” x 7 ¼”.
Thanks for stopping by! This was lots of fun to make and we couldn’t wait to get it in the mail to Jeannie. She is our “Queen of Inking”!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my - this is just perfect for Jeannie. Beautiful!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! Happy Birthday to Jeannie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant and pretty!! love it :)

    ReplyDelete