Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Musical Birthday...

Hey Ya'll,
This is a Birthday Card that I made for my Mom. (My biggest fan)
It's 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  The mat is 5 1/4" x 8 1/4" cut from rose patterned paper.  I used the cuttlebug and embossed a card 4" x 5" with the music notes folder and then inked it with a dark grey ink.  The scalloped border around this was cut from the Storybook Cartridge.  I stretched it slightly with the Gypsy to make it fit.  This was cut from a glossy black stock and then gems glued in the center of the scallops.  The Piano is cut at a height of 4.25 using both the blackout and the detail layers from Summer in Paris.  The blackout was cut from red and then the detail layer was cut from the glossy black stock.  I used a small piece of white under the keys.  The Happy Birthday is from Gypsy Wanderings and the Flourishes are from Home Decor.  The metal flower embellishments are actually from a broken necklace.  You just never know where you are going to find these little treasures that help you get through a design you are trying to impress with.  Hee! Hee!  I didn't get a picture of the inside, but it has a rose mat like the front and then a white sentiment page.  The inside is very simple.  I hope she likes it and I hope you do to.  Thanks for looking!  Bobby

4 comments:

  1. I love your card. I also love looking at your blog. I awarded your blog "The Cherry On Top" blog award in order to except it you must go to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing...just amazing..you do fancy so beautifully!!!.... I have a card in my Gypsy...now to get it in paper!!!... Hope you both have a most wonderful day.
    Hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, the top of the piano is beautiful
    I love your blog
    Nana Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can think of to say is: WOW!!!!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete