Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Anniversary Owls...

Before I tell the story... please note that I loaded a ton of content today.  Please take a few minutes and scroll through all of it.  I promise, some are well worth the time.  Thank you so much!  Bobby

Hey Ya'll,
Ok… So this, to date, is my favorite of all the cards I have made. There is lots of explaining, but I will keep it as short as possible. When I thought about this one, I couldn’t resist and fortunately for me, Jeannie Phillips and her husband Robby’s anniversary is coming up, so I had a wonderful reason to put in all the work.
The cartridges used to make this card are Gypsy Wanderings, Home Décor, Lacy Labels, Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art, Speaking of Fall and Straight from the Nest.

The owls are from Straight from the Nest and cut at a height of 3.00. The wings were cut from the original pattern and then put back on when layering. When you look at the inside of the card, you will see why. I wanted a particular look on the inside and that dictated the rest of the card. The branches are from home décor and cut at a height of 3.00. The green leaves are from Straight from the Nest and cut at a height of 1.25. The red flowers are from Gypsy Wanderings, cut at a height of 1.00 and I used the contour tool to remove the swirl center. The yellow centers are also a flower from Gypsy Wanderings and cut at a height of 1.40.
The autumn Leaves are from Speaking of fall and cut at a height of 1.20.  The sentiment on the cover was cut from Lacy Labels.  Using the Gypsy, I stretched the original image to fit the cutout of letters in the middle.  The width is 5.29 and the height is 1.30.  The letters are from MS Elegant Cake Art.  They are .71 tall, but kerned and squeezed to fit in the frame using the Gypsy.
Everything was layered using 3D adhesive.  We love the way it turned out!
Now… For the inside. Jeannie always ends her e-mails and posts with “Hugs”. There had to be a little hug. Isn’t this fun? The wings that were cut off the owls were then put under the layers, but the owl on the left has a wing that was left on so that it looked like a little hug action was going on. I was so thrilled with the way this turned out!

The card is 8 ½” x 5 ½”. The bottom mats are 8 ¼” x 5 ¼” and the blue mats are 7 ¾” x 4 ¾”. Jeannie got the card a little early because I sent her some things from shopping at Michaels, since she doesn’t have one near, so I went ahead and put it in the box.

I sure hope you like it. We would just love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Bobby.

16 comments:

  1. This is so cute and I love the look of it with all that layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I am a huge fan of owls, so this is great. I love how they are hugging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is just adorable! I love it! Jeannie is going to love it! My favorite is the back! So cute! My other favorite is the colors, and the tie on the owl and...ok, I love the whole thing!! Great job!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, You have been so busy. I love this adorable card. So much detail. Jeannie is going to love it. Let me say, too, I'm glad you all are back. We have missed you

    Peggy & Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just beyond cute.....and the scene on the back!!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet and wow..you did a lot of work on this! I really like the hug..sweet.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Terrific! Love all the thought that went into it! You share Jeannnie's style too! I love the deninsional layered look. I need to do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes this is mine!!!....Lucky me!!!..I love it... especially the hug... and Robby loves it too... Thank you so so much.
    hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a wonderful card! Everything is perfect on it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just totally cute. You have really captured Jeannie and her hubby perfectly. Really adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really awesome card! I'm impressed with all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so so adorable and so matches Jeannie, I just knew she would love it. You did an awesome job and the details are incredible you know I love details. Now my question how long did it take you to make it? It would have taken me at least 10 days LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just toooo stinkin' cute!! I have always loved owls so this one was especially touching to me. I'm sure Jeannie and her hubby loved it. How could they not?! Gorgeous!!! The "hug" was super cute!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete