Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Crafting with Mom...

Hey Ya'll,

I am so excited to share these two cards.  My Mom and I got to spend the day together and play in the craft room.  She has been so busy and so nervous about learning the Cricut.  Finally, she picked up her Baby Bug and came over so she could get comfortable with using it.  We started off the day with a bundle of coupons and a full tank of gas and ended up with some adorable cards.  Sure hope you like them!  I think she did a wonderful job!

The funny thing is that I had to learn how to use a Cricut all over again.  I have been using the Gypsy for such a long time, I was actually the one making mistakes and I was supposed to be teaching.  Hee! Hee!  We both had so much fun and now she has a perminate home in her sewing room for her baby bug.  YEAH!  Of course, she only has to come over for an endless supply of cartridges too.  Hee! Hee!  Anyway, I am posting these by memory since I don't have Gypsy files for them.  I hope I get the sizes right.

This one uses a 3 inch cut of Thinking of You from the Sentimentals cartridge and a 3 inch cut of the rose from the Love Struck cartridge.  The papers are really beautiful and from the Once upon a Time paper stack.  She had never used the cuttle bug before, but the purple mat is run through using the Ornamental Iron folder.  The gems are just peel and stick and then entire card is inked with a Pansy Purple ink.  Sure hope you like it!


This one is is simply an autumn thinking of you card.  The Thinking of You is the same as before at 3 inches and the pumkins are cut at 3 inches from the Speaking of Fall Cartridge.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These are all gorgeous! So glad you got time with mom too - it's so important!

    ReplyDelete