Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Frost on the Pumpkins... Circle Challenge Card...

Hey Ya’ll,

This is a card I made for a challenge on the Cricut Circle. It was simply to make something for fall. I don’t think that my picture links worked, so it’s probably not in the running for anything, but I sure had fun making it.
The card is 8 ½” x 5 ½”.  The chocolate mat is 8 ¼” x 5 ¼”.  The blue mat is a grunge paper and 7 ¾” x 4 ¾”.  The pumpkins are from pumpkin carvings.  They all cut at random sizes.  The largest is a height of 2.40 and the smallest is a height of .60.  The fence is from Pooh and Friends and the pumpkin patch sign is from October 31st.  They are both cut from a natural wood image paper.  The fence is a height of 2.00 and the sign is a height of 1.70.  The clumps of hay are from Pooh and Friends and I cut several at a height of .70.  The wagon is from Just Because Cards and cut at a height of 5.00.  The autumn is from Gypsy Wanderings and cut at a height of 1.30.  I have a little divider tray with a bunch of random fall leaves cut from several different cartridges.  I just picked different ones to fill in on the bottom.

Everything about the entire card is inked with a topaz ink.  It goes so well with the orange.  I used ink to shadow the pumpkins and then a yellow chalk to highlight.  The hay, wagon and everything else was inked, but the wagon was dabbed with a q-tip of ink to give it a rusted look.  I cut green and orange on all pumpkins and then cut the stems off of the orange cuts by hand.  That way I would have the green stems.  I then used crystal stickles randomly on everything to give it that frost on the pumpkin look.
On the inside, I simply added a sentiment mat and a couple of things left over from the front.

I loved making this card and hope you really enjoy it. I will let you know if it won anything. Hee! Hee!
Thanks for looking! Bobby & Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment