Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Imagine that! It's here!!!

Hey Ya'll, This is my first project using our new Cricut Imagine. The machine just arrived about an hour ago and all the setup is complete. This card took about 8 minutes to do! Loving the machine already! Enjoy!
I used Simply Charmed for the cuts and then the Imagine More cartridge for the patterns and colors.  This is what it looks like when the mat shows all the images after they have been filled with patterned papers from the Imagine More cartridge!  How COOL it this?!?  I am so excited!!!

Well, I am off to try some more things out.  If you are new to the Imagine, here are a couple of things I have noticed just in the first hour.

1.  The machine is HUGE!  Name sure you have plenty of room and a strong table.  I had sort of a craft cart that I had planned on the machine sitting on.  When I first calibrated the machine, the table shook like crazy.  The machine actually does wiggle pretty good when it's printing.
2.  As many have said, the mat wasn't very sticky.  I simply ran a damp sponge over the top of it and let it sit while I watched the DVD.  It's perfect now.  By the way, loving the buzz from the fumes of the mat.  Hee! Hee!  They are a little stinky.  Hee! Hee!
3.  I turned the machine on and added the Imagine More cartridge.  Nothing happened.  The machine has to do an update before you can do anything... So... Rather than freaking out, I put the Nursery Tales cartridge in the machine as it also has a necessary update on it.  It took about 10 minutes, but the machine updated perfectly and is really wonderful!
4.  I did have to calibrate the machine twice before the settings were perfect.

I am sure there will be more to come.  Off to play!  Have a wonderful day!
Bobby


6 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! So awesome and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful first card and thanks for all the helpful info!!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you two! It's so much fun. Congrats on geting everything set up, I too had to calibrate a 2nd time, just to make the cuts more perfect. I really like the way that it calibrated and that you could look and make changes for yourself if you didn't agree with the suggested setting. Hope to see lots more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that scarecrow....and enjoy that new machine. Looking forward to seeing lots of new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!!! So glad to hear yours is working great. I think I've decided that I'm not reading those as often as those that are working great are so busy playing with the new machine! :) So does this mean the card with the motorcycle needs an update? :) Love that card. I'd hang that in my scraproom. Can't wait to see what else you guys do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first project on the Imagine is just so cute!!! You did a wonderful job and how exciting it must be to have the new machine to play with!!!

    Great job, and I've browsed around a bit and I have really enjoyed your talent and my stay. I'll be back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card came out really great. I did not have great luck with mine. Couldn't even make my mat sticky. I plan to order in the future, after a few updates. The cuts I tried did not layer well. and I want to be able to cut and print anywhere on the mat. Glad yours is working so well for you.

    ReplyDelete