Monday, October 11, 2010

Anniversary Blog Candy Challenge!

Hey Ya'll,
Today is our Anniversary!  In celebration, we are going to share our cards with you and we have put together a little challenge with candy!  Check out the prize!!!
The winner will receive a complete 24 piece essential colors glitter set by Martha Stewart, Two of our favorite punch/stamp sets and a beautiful scalloped border punch!  How cool is that?!?  If you have never seen the punch/stamp kits, they are AMAZING!  Each comes with three different clear stamps you can use to make different versions of each punch cutout.  This blog candy includes the butterfly and flower.  Now, want to see our cards?
Jill used our Cricut Imagine machine to make this one for me!  Isn't it beautiful?!?  She used the Tie the Knot cartridge for the cuts.  She used the Imagine More cartridge for the papers.  All of the layers of the birds were cut at a height of 1.8 and the Mr&Mrs was cut at a height of 1.6.  She simply selected her size and then filled each layer with a different paper from the Imagine More cartridge and printed and cut them from white card stock.  The sentiment mat on the inside is from white card stock.
It's been quite a while since Jill made a card.  She is completely addicted to the kniftly knitter.  Hee! Hee!  I was so excited to see that she made me a card!
This is the card that I made for Jill.  I was thrilled with the way it turned out.
This card is 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  I used the same paper (have had it quite a while now) that was used for our wedding invitations.  I used a pear white card stock and punched it with a MS heart border punch.  The Happy Anniversary is from the Elegant Cakes Cartridge.  Both layers are cut at a height of 1.70.  The leaves in the wreath are from Plantin Schoolbook and cut at a height of .50.
The flowers are from the Martha Stewart Flower Punch/Stamp Kit that you can win with this challenge!  How cool is that?!?  I used one color of purple card stock, used white, clear, dark purple and lavendar glittered embossing powder and just did a bunch of different stamping versions so that all the flowers coordinated, but also were very different.  This was so much fun to do!  I also used another Martha Border Punch for the top corners of the damask mat.
I did about the same thing on the inside as the front, but I used the same corner punch for the sentiment mat.  One simple flower on the bottom and the inside was done!  She just loved her card and I sure loved putting it together and giving it to her.  She immediately noticed the paper and didn't even know that we still had some.  We sure hope you all like them and would love to hear your comments!
Now for the challenge!  We will keep this challenge open until October 24th at 5PM.
In order to win, simply make a card for someone you love.  There doesn't have to be a specific reason.  It could be anything from a favorite item they love to simply a just because card.  It can even be a holiday card of some sort.  Each card must include at least one Cricut Cut.  Everything else is up to you!  Pretty easy, huh?  Simply make your card and use the link below to link back to your blog or entry image.  It's that simple.  We will announce the winner on October 25th.
We are having such a wonderful anniversary and can't wait to see your amazing cards.  Thanks so much for celebrating with is!
Most Sincerely, Bobby & Jill

23 comments:

  1. Congrats on your anniversary!!! Gorgeous cards - love everything about each of them. Love the one Jill made with the Imagine and that music paper - so very cute!! Love the punches on yours!!! Great job! Oh, and WONDERFUL blog candy!!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Happy Anniversary you two! I love both of your cards to each other! I love those birdies and so beautiful against the music paper! And how thoughtful and clever to use the paper from your wedding invites!?!? Thank you so much for sharing your Anniversary with us! I'd love to win that fabulous blog candy, and always looking for an excuse to make a card for my hubby, so I will be playing along for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the flame card for my 14th wedding anniversary because after 14 years, I still think he's hot!. Congrats on your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful cards! They are breath-taking. I love the MS heart border punch and the layered flowers are georgous! You both are so creative. Best wishes for the happiest of anniversaries and for many more to come.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anny guys!! You are too cute. What sweet cards you made. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I just had mine on Saturday the 9th.... October is a great month for an ANNIVERSARY! :o) Your cards are amazing! The flowers are just breath taking.... Thanks for sharing them with us! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anniversary congratulations! Those cards are just fabulous! I hope it helps that my DH and myself have 40 years together -- sometimes it's just a good thing to hear it can be lasting!!!

    I wish you a lifetime of happiness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are just wonderful! Happy Anniversary! Your cards are unique and equally beautiful.Love both your styles. Great blog candy. Thanks for sharing your special day with us and may you have many more happy years.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! So much love went into them and they are beautiful! I hope you have feel celebrated as you see all the fun cards people post in your honor. Happy Anniversary. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Jill and Bobby. I love both cards. They're beautiful. It's so wonderful to get a card made by someone you love. You know their heart went into it. Thanks for allowing us to share your special day. Thanks for the chance to win your wonderful blog candy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your anniversary. Your cards are beautiful!! Thanks for the chance to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary, oh my what beautiful cards you made for each other. Talk about a marriage made in "Cricut Heaven"..................I will try and get a card made what a great prize package

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!! I love your cards. I hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Aniversary!!! I love your cards! You are both so talented!!! I will have to get busy with making a card for your challenge!! Thanks for the chance at some amazing blog candy!!

    Jennifer
    cricutdiaries

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats and Happy Anniversary! You two are both so talented and I love your cards! Thanks for the challenge and the great candy!
    Summer
    cricutdiaries

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI Bobby and Jill.
    Thanks for following my blog.
    Your blog is awesome!
    Nice to "meet'!!
    Barb aka snowmanlover!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just wanted to wish you a VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. My handsome hubby Jim and I just got back from a weekend in Pensacola where we celebrated our 40th wedding Anniversary! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Bobby, I just have a question. (I'm not trying to get 2 entries)lol Under my entry there is an X". Do you know why?
    Stephanie
    stuff@gt.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought I had posted here but it must have been on the cricut mb. You guys did a fabulous job on your cards to one another. My brother is a bit addicted to cricuting and has gotten his wife involved. I think that it's very cool that you share that common interest. Happy Anniversary and thanks for the chance to win such a GREAT prize.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Anniversary!!!!! your cards are soooo pretty, TFS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of your cards are beautiful!!!! Happy belated anniversary from NC. It's really great that you both like to do cards. The card for my hubby isn't a typical card, but he really liked it. Thanks for the opportunity to win such a great prize. My email is texastransplant69@hotmail.com

    Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete