Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cricut Circle Challenge Project

Hey Ya'll,

This is something I put together to enter in this week's Cricut Circle Challenge.  These were the guidelines...
Weekly Challenge #2: THINK PINK!
Use Pink, Ruffles, Scallops, Flourishes, Glitter and Jewels ( incorporate any 3 on your project)
So... Here is what I did.  I sure hope you like it.  It took pretty much all day.
I made a home decor project using the Cricut Imagine, some glittered paper and lots and lots of cuts.  I received my Winter Frolic cartridge today and couldn't wait to tear it open.  The Winter Wonderland sentiment with flourish is from this cartridge and cut at a height of 2.70.  All of the characters are also from this cartridge and cut at a height of 2.40.  I used the Imagine for all of these and selected my own colors using the color wheel feature.  Loving that!  I printed all of it on pearlized card stock so that the colors really stood out and I am so proud of the way they turned out!  While that was working, I fired up the Expression and cut out my scalloped frames.  I used an iridescent, hot pink and electric blue glittered paper for this.  I know the project is about pink, but I can't handle quite that much.  Hee! Hee!  I used the gypsy to layout the different colors using the layers feature to make sure they would line up.  Then in the center, where it was going to be pretty much wasted on each paper, I pulled all kinds of snowflakes from Winter Woodland, Lacy Labels and Accent Essentials.  This gave me tons of snowflakes!
You can see how pretty the glitter stands out with all of the different layers and really pops!  I started with the largest ones and worked my way around the layout using every color and as many layers as I could get on there.
I used a piece of 12 x 12 chipboard for the foundation.  I took two green Christmas 12 x 12 pieces of paper and cut them in half to give me four 6" x 12" pieces of paper.  I used my MS score board and put a score line on the colored side of the paper, every 1 inch.  I then flipped it and did the same on the white side, but in the center of the first batch of lines.  I then accordian folded everything.  I then glued all ends together to give me a large tube.  Once this dried, I took one end of the tube and put it flat on the table, scrunched the other side together and pressed it to the table.  This made a huge circle!  I then used foam tape to secure this large circle to the chipboard piece and then layered all of my other pieces on top.  This is going in a white 12 x 12 frame to be displayed this Christmas.
Well, I sure hope you all like this one.  It really was a lot of work, but I am really proud of the way it turned out.  Don't forget to link your project for our blog candy challenge through October 24th.  Thanks for looking!  Would love to hear your comments!
Most Sincerely,  Bobby

19 comments:

  1. That is absolutely stunning! I'm sure you have hours and hours invested in this project. It will be a wonderful keepsake to display in your home year after year.
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did a great job. I believe that did take you all day to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just amazing! I loooooove all the details! I keep finding more and more things I like. Excellent job guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing.. I love it. You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my!! This is stunning! All those wonderful details! I so want this cartridge!! I just can't believe this!- I mean it's so amazing! Beautiful - Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow thats great i would love to make this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! This is fabulous!!! Yes, I can see where that would take some time to complete, but from what I'm looking at, it was so worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two are just amazing! I love this card the colors are georgous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never ceased to be amazed at you creativity. This is absolutely gorgeous. You said it took you all day. Had I done it, I would still be working on it. I loooooooove it. Thank you for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is gorgeous! Love all the details, and you have a lot of detail. Your work is always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! WOW! WOW! The layering and detail work on this is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZER! This is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE all the details! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a FABULOUS card!!! Love all the layers and the detail! WOWSERS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! You have such talent :) I am mezmorized by this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just amazing... AMAZING!!.. it took my breath away!!!.. I love it!
    hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous, WOW I can see why that would take all day. Unbelievable. Your talent is off the charts. :) See what you started with these accordian cards? I love them. :) Thank you so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Knowing that we can depend on you to take accordian folding to another level. This is awesome. I am going to try this. TFS
    plepoma@aol.com

    ReplyDelete