Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cricut Circle Monthly Challenge Project - October 2010

Hey Ya’ll,
This is a project we put together for the October Monthly Challenge on the Cricut Circle Blog. Hope you all like it. There is a lot to explain, so here goes…
I started with a white 12” x 16” Canvas. I used Raisin, Moss and Cocoa in Alcohol Inks and dabbed them with a small sponge directly onto the white canvas. This put a little texture to it. I then used an acrylic paint called Spiced Brown, painted the entire canvas and before it had time to dry, wiped it back off. I then used a liner brush and an acrylic paint called pansy purple to paint the flourishes all over the canvas. I then wiped back over these as well. This created the foundation for our décor project.

The Cricut Cartridges I used for this project were: Lacy Labels, Wall Décor & More, 3 Birds on Parade, Accent Essentials, Freshly Picked, Graphically Speaking, Gypsy Wanderings and Mother’s Day 2010. Every piece of this project was inked with Close to my Heart Smokey Plum.
The first thing I cut was the lace background. This is from Mother’s Day 2010 and cut at a height of 10.50. It’s cut from a cream colored shimmer paper and then inked on the edge. The next thing is the watering can. This is from Freshly Picked. I cut the original layer at a height of 7.50, but I contoured out all of the inside cuts. I just wanted the main shape. The detail layers and shadow were also cut from this same size.
The label on the watering can is from Lacy Labels and Wall Décor and More. The label shape is from lacy labels and the size was created manually using the Gypsy. The bottom most layer is 5.04 Width and 2.80 Height. The second layer is 4.68 Width and 2.60 Height. The word Inspire and flourishes are from Wall Décor and more. Both layers are cut at a height of 1.10. The flourishes are cut at a height of 1.00
 
The butterflies are from Wall Décor and More. All layers are cut at a height of 3.00. I used a brown marker to color in the body on both. The leaves in the project are from Gypsy Wanderings and cut at a height of 3.00.

Flower 1 – Gypsy Wanderings – Cut at 2.00 & 2.20. Shadow cut at 2.20.
Flower 2 – 3 Birds on Parade – Contour out center – Cut at 2.00 & 1.92.
Flower 3 – Accent Essentials – Cut at 2.00 & 1.80.
Flower 4 – Graphically Speaking – Cut at 2.00 & 1.90.
Roses, Carnations and Daisies were made by Jill using the Cuttlebug Flower Quilling Kits. SHE LOVES THESE THINGS!!!
Overall, we were pleased with the way it turned out. Sure hope you like it. We really hope it’s a winner. We could really use the prize! Hee! Hee!

23 comments:

  1. That is just plain GORGEOUS!!! Really spectacular. I wondered how you liked the quilling kit. I have all the tools for quilling, but I bet it's easier with the cuttlebug. I know it all took a lot of time, but it was worth it.If there's a prize, I hope ya"ll win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW! This absolutely gorgeous. I can just imagine the time that was put into this project. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS I sure hope you win with this awesome entry. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! I don't even know what to say....that is SPECTACULAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! There are no words to explain how cool this is! AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow!!! Gorgeous!!! And the flowers...

    All I can say right now is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *GASP* oh my goodness - this is just...um...wow - totally GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in complete AWE...as in AWESOME!!! Wow, the flowers are stunning. Jill, I've been wanting to try my hand at quilling, too. We are blessed to have you share your talents with us. Thank you.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love this. I can never get enough of floral arrangements, whether real or paper made, and this is the ultimate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Positively awesome! fabulous! breathtakingly beautiful!

    WOw!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I wish I had as much talent as you two have in your little pinkie toe! LOL great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow that is amazing. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful! I love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow.... this is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys blow me away with your creations. That is the most stunning piece I have ever seen (till you come up with something else). I sure hope you win also! I don't know what I would do with one of those ScrapBoxes LOL It would have taken 3 months to make something like that GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely beautiful! I would love to have something like this hung up on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing... wow... how long did this take you??..it is a work of art for sure!
    hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGOSH!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!!! GORGEOUS I TELL YA!
    I LOVE all the flowers.... the details just blew me away! WOWZER!!! :)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. I dont even know what to say, bc this is just too perfect for words!! I wish I had enough patience to do that!! Absolutley amazing!!!

    Jennifer

    cricutdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutley Stunning! I know this took some serious hours of work.Thank you for sharing.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!!! I just don't know what to say. Your project is fabulous. I have no doubt you will win. It is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is AMAZING!!! I am going to have to try this! Hope you do not mind if I scraplift the idea. Would be a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness...are you kidding me? This has to be THE most over-the-top, drop-dead-gorgeous creation you two have ever put together! Amazing! This beauty has so much depth and dimension...it is simply stunning! I do hope you have a special place of honor to hang this masterpiece in your home. I sooo love this ♥

    ReplyDelete