Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Grandma's 85th Birthday

Hey Ya'll,
This is a card for my Grandma's 85th Birthday.  I really struggled with what exactly to do on this one, but was pretty proud with the way it turned out.  Hope you all like it!
The only cartridge I used for this card was Elegant Cakes.  That's really not like me, but it seemed to work out.  Hee! hee!  The 85 is cut from the ornamental lettering on the cartridge and is cut at a height of 3.00 for both layers.  I used the Gypsy to weld the letters for Years from the same lettering at a height of 1.70.  Pretty much everything except the dark green color is using a glittered stock from a My Mind's Eye stack.  The flowers were added and the leaves with the flowers are those white wedding rose leaves.  I took them and rubbed them on a dark green ink pad so that the edges were white.  I added a couple of yellow gems in the center of the flowers and then used stickles on the edges so that it went with the glitter on the paper.
I used a Martha Stewart Lace punch for and a 1 1/2 inch strip of dark green card stock and punched both sides.  I then added a piece of pale yellow ribbon down the center.  It really made everything pop when it was all done.  The inside of the card was made using the same paper and I cut the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Elegant Cakes as well.  All layers for this were cut at a height of 1.50.  I am really loving this cartridge!!!
This card is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2.  I really think she will love it and I hope you do too.
Most Sincerely, Bobby

3 comments:

  1. OH Bobby - this is beautiful!! It's so rich! Like chocolate!!! I would have been afraid of those papers together but my goodness they are fabulous! Wonderful card!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful card. I love it. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this paper! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete