Tuesday, October 5, 2010

With Sympathy...

Hey Ya'll,
This is a card I had to make quickly for a friend of Jill's at work.  She lost her uncle this week and Jill wanted to take something special for everyone to sign.  I didn't have much time to do this one and didn't actually cut anything new except the sentiment using Lacy Labels.  This was cut at a height of 1.70.  Everything else came from pieces I had from old projects in those little boxes we keep and never seem to get back to.  In this case, I was very thankful to have some scraps left over.
I cut the label from Lacy Labels and then the With Sympathy was from Wild Card.  The Lacy Labels cut was 1.70 and I didn't keep the Gypsy file, but I just sized the sentiment from Wild Card to fit in the middle.  I cut extra butterflies to go along with everything.
The card is 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  The dark purple mat is 5 1/4" x 8 1/4".  I put this through the cuttlebug with the plaid embossing folder.  The plaid mat is 4 3/4" x 7 3/4".  The ribbon goes over all mats.  This particular label from Lacy Labels has the butterflies on both, so I cut out extras and fluttered the wings.  Everything on this card is inked using a Pansy Purple Ink from Close to my Heart.
The flowers were cut a long time ago.  One is larger than the other and they are put together with brads in the center.  All were inked and then coated with clear embossing powder where they were inked.  I also used a glue pen with clear embossing powder to make the stamins.  I then went back in and added a couple of lines in the center with iridescent glitter.  I then added the bow tie at the base of the flower stems as to look like a hand held bouquet.
The mats on the inside are exactly the same as the front.  The sentiment mat is 3 3/4" x 6 3/4".  It is also inked in the same purple ink.  I then added a single flower and butterfly.  I hope you all like the card.  I just wish it had been created under different circumstances.  Thanks so much for looking.  We would love to hear your comments.

5 comments:

  1. A very lovely sympathy card! So nice of Jill to want to do something special for a coworker too. Very thoughtful and so beautiful. Oh man - sometimes I'm afraid to open that box for fear a few shapes might come flying out with anger for not being used! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby, this is such a gorgeous card as are all your creations. You should teach online classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby, wondered where the rest of your blog was. Everything wasn't coming up when I would visit, but today it's back. That is a gorgeous card. You always inspire me. Have you been diong much on the Imagine. I just read on a blog that the Gypsy had been updated. I hadn't heard anything about it from anywhere else. So maybe it has been. Always love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! There is so much detail! I love your blog! Great inspirations :)

    Emily
    http://coolcricutcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete