Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Home Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Here is another one for the blog hop coming up on December 11th.  Sure hope you stop by.  This one was loads of fun to put together.  I used the imagine and the Snow Angels cartridge for the house.  All layers were cut at a height of 4.00.
The house cuts each layer out individually which makes it really easy to pop dot.  Unfortunately, the edges are going to be a little off as my Imagine machine had to be sent back.  It just wouldn't keep calibration.  Now... If I could just get my replacement.  Hee! Hee!  Oh well.  Things take time.  The labels on the top of the card are from Lacy Labels. I used two different shapes for this card.  The red and white on top are cut at a height of 2.70 for the red and 2.40 for the white.  I stamped the sentiment on the white label.  I then used the flourish shape which is also a label and cut it at a height of 4.00 and then hand cut it apart to get the different flourishes that I wanted for the card.  The card is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2".  The blue mat is from paper printed with the imagine from the same cartridge and cut at a height of 4.60.  I then used this piece portrait rather than landscape for the effect.
 The smoke out of the chimney is just a couple of random little flourishes from the scrap stash.  I used the I-Rock to add some gems around the card and then I used some really tiny crystal gems I had for the ornaments on the tree in front of the house.  I also used a couple of colors of stickles on the snowy areas as well as a couple of the leaf patterns in the gold flourishes.  
 The inside is matted the same as the front with an added sentiment mat.
We sure are having lots of fun getting things made for the blog hop.  Hopefully I will get my machine back in enough time to play some more and finish some of the thoughts I had planned for it.  Thanks so much for looking!  Hope to see you again soon!

11 comments:

  1. That card is just gorgeous!!! Sounds like you put some work into it and it was well worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'm with pps! That is GORGEOUS!! I love the dimensional aspect of this card and the colors-wow! You need to have a third option for your check boxes though: "Would make this card," "Would not make this card," OR "Would LOVE to make this card but would fail miserably." That last one would be my pick each time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow......love all the great details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love this card. Love the layers on the house. I'm just crazy for all your details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, It's Stephanie and I've got an award for you on my blog. Come by when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropping in to just wish you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! Simply stunning!! I have a little something for you on my blog.
    http://alittlebitofdetail.blogspot.com/2010/11/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is awesome as always. Stop by my blog I have an award for you and you sure are stylish darlin............
    http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job. I Have something for you over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete