Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Dar...

Hey Ya'll,
This is a card that I made for Jill's Stepmom.  Her Birthday is this month.  We sure hope she likes her card.
I used the imagine for everything with this one.  I used the patterns from Better Together and the traditional cartridge, Birthday Cakes.  The Happy Birthday was cut at a height of 3.00, the larger flower layers were cut at a height of 3.00 and the smaller flower layers were cut at 2.00.
This is the screen on the Imagine showing how the layers were filled just before printing and cutting.
One of my new favorite things is using pearlized card stock with the Imagine.  You can see just how beautifully it prints on the pearlized stock.  This particular is 12 x 12 White stock from Michael's Recollections Precious Metals line.  It just really makes the colors look amazing!
I simply printed a striped page, a floral page and then a page with the sentiment and details.  I just used a rounded corner punch for everything.  This card was super simple and done in about 6 minutes after everything was printed and cut.  I did use 3D adhesive to pop out the Happy Birthday.  The centers of the flowers are a 7 stone jewel piece and then I simply used a 1/4" ribbon and rolled it around the center.  Very, very simple technique and super fast.  We sure hope you all enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous! Do you ever find the white pearlized paper in a pack on it's own or always with the other colors? I would like to purchase, but I only see it in a pack with the others, which I'm not sure if I'd use...
    ~Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely as usual. I love all the cards on this page of your blog. GORGEOUS!!!!! I'm going to have to quit looking at your creations or I'm going to break over and buy the Imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so pretty. So cheery for November. She's going to love it. It's a feel good card. I can tell you are enjoying your Imagine. I still may get one. I keep going back and forth. So many have had trouble updating. I'm not that computer literate that I can fix a problem.

    ReplyDelete