Sunday, December 12, 2010

All That Glitters Blog Hop - Our Little Finale...

Well, it's been so much fun to have you here, but every good thing must close.  So, for our little finale, we thought we would share with you our bulk cards this season!
 We just got the Trim the Tree cartridge this week and are already in love!  This cartridge has some of the most beautiful images!  We have used three different ones so far and label shapes from the Preserves cartridge to create these.
 As you can see from the inside of this one, the label shapes layer perfectly for the sentiments of the cards.
 This one is the skate.  Unfortunately, you can't really see much glitter in these pictures, but the skate was actually cut from a blue glitter paper and it looks so pretty close up.  The camera just didn't pick it up.
 This was a little bit different shape on the mats, but it still worked out really well.
 The cards themselves are 6 inch square cards.  Super easy to make.  Just 1/2 of a 12 x 12 piece of card stock.
 For the mats, we started with the largest cut at a height of 5.50 and then decreased by 3/4 of an inch with each layer we wanted to add.  This makes it very simple to stack your mats and get a good balance.
 The tree is one of our favorite cuts!  You will see more of this cartridge from us by the time Christmas gets here.  We are still working with it and love everything we have made so far!
 The snowflake comes from Winter Woodland.  It has a cut out in the center that we contoured out using the Gypsy.  You can see in the picture below that we found this cute little holiday sentiment set of wooden stamps at Michaels and used this in the center of the snowflakes for each card.  This makes it just go so much faster.
We cut an entire 12 x 12 page of each snowflake, before pulling them from the mat, we stamp them all with the sentiments and then remove them and stack them with the patterned snowflake to give it some depth.  Since we are running behind this season, we thought it may be helpful, so we have attached the Gypsy files for these cards as well.
We sure hope you have enjoyed our little Blog Hop!  Thank you so much for visiting!  Don't forget about our blog candy as well.  We will draw a winner on Monday so be sure to check back to see if you've one!  If you haven't entered yet, simply leave a comment here and become a follower and you are entered!
Thanks so all of our hoppers for putting on such a great show and a huge and a very special Thank You to Melissa at Melissa Made for putting this whole thing together!  She has done such a wonderful job and also... stay tuned!  There is rumor about something special happening around Valentine's Day.  Just don't say anything... It's a secret!  Hee! Hee!
Also, keep checking back.  We haven't even made our fancy family Christmas Cards yet.  We can't wait to share with with you.
Merry Christmas!  Lots of Love from Bobby and Jill

31 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas cards!! My favorite is the xmas tree card...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby & Jill, you have outdone yourselves. These are spectacular. I am ordering that cartridge tonight. I probably won't get to use it this year but there's always next year. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You so amaze me, love them all and thank you for sharing the cut file!! It has been a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderful card, now do I have to get this cartridge???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these cards are amazing!! They are a gift in themself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are just stunning. My favourite is also the pretty Christmas tree one. I would love for you to send one to my house!!! hee hee Thanks for the blog hop and all your inspiration!!
    gaudet5 at rogers dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are NICE! I thought I didn't need the preserves cart, but I may be asking for it now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cards - they are all very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a finale. Of course, I'm not surprised. All 3 are just fantastic. Your designs always blow me away.
    stuff@gt.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I am so loving those scrolley(is that a word?)shapes on those cards....amazing...gonna have to check on that cart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice indeed. Thanks for the second day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ya'll have done an amazing job! I always love seeing your cards, and getting inspiration from you!! Truely talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a new follower and every time I visit I find a new card I just have to try! Thank you for sharing your inspiration & talent with us! God Bless!

    http://www.mudpiereality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. O WOW these are beautiful .. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards, thanks for sharing!
    jpshirley@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all beautiful. I especially love the tree.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful. I love the skate card and the colors. I love using blue during the holidays.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cars are amazing I love skater card especially as I sit here in chicago looking out the window at all the snow and ice thanks for sharing today

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always more beautiful cards! You did such and amazing job all weekend and have worked to so hard too! Bobby and Jill, even though we have not all really meet, you two are some of the sweetest people I know! Thank you for hopping and asking jennifer and I to hop along!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have done fabulous layers and lace. Guess I should get this cartridge. Thanks again. I am a follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are really making me revisit the Preserves cartridge! Love Love this cards/cuts... I recently purchased the cart, but have I used it, NO! Thanks for the info on the quilling kit. And great minds think alike...my brain immediately started churning at coming up with a MS by the number project...mhhhh I'm thinking vinyl, what do you think!!
    Again and again Thank you so much for inviting me to play with you and for being such fabulous people!!!!! Hugs, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  22. That cart is one of my favorite carts too. Your carts are so beautiful! TFS!

    jvilla95ar at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your beautiful cards!
    Minta

    mintab@gmail.com

    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cards are simply amazing! Every one is a work of art! It was so much fun hopping with you this weekend!
    Have a Merry Christmas, my friends!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  25. These cards are beautiful. I just adore this cart. It is one of my very favorites. Thanks for sharing so many wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hiya. Yeh,I know. I'm a YEAR late in posting to this thread. LOL I'm always a "day late, a dollar short". LOL

    When you didn't post something today & I didn't get my "Cricut Couple" fix, I had to go searchin' and, in doin' so, I found this. :-)

    Bobby & Jill, these cards are gorgeous!!! I have this cart but never looked at it like this before. Thanks so much for the inspiration that you always bring!! :-)

    ReplyDelete