Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Gorgeous!

Hey Ya'll
Today is the Lovely Jill's Birthday!!!  Happy Birthday Honey!
This is the card that I made for her.  Of course, it's over the top... It kinda has to be.  Hee! Hee!  I hope you all enjoy it as much as she did!
 First of all, we have had the Black Currant Paper Stack from DCWV for quite some time.  I didn't want to break into it until I had a really special occasion for it because it's by far our favorite paper stack to date.  We just love it!  We were really afraid that we were going to mess it up.  Hee! Hee!  This card is 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".
 I used Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art, Paisley and Storybook for cartridges.  The round lace design is from MS Elegant Cake Art.  Both layers are cut at a height of 5.20.  The Happy Birthday is also from MSECA.  The layers are cut at a height of 2.50.  The flowers throughout the card are from Paisley.  They were a complimentary shape to the flowers in the paper stack and cut at different heights from 1.00 to 1.50.  The label shapes are from Storybook.  I love the label shapes on this cartridge.
 On all of the little circle cutouts on the lace piece, I added pearls and gems.  Jill loves bling on everything, so I wanted it to really sparkle for her.  The flower on the bottom was made with the shapes from Paisley.  The center is an I-Top brad using a cut from a scrap piece for the cover and then centered with a purple gem.  The ribbon is a black sheer ribbon.  Of all the purple ribbon we have in the craft room, none of them were the same color as the paper stack.  Hee! Hee!  She really liked the black ribbon anyway, so it all worked out.
 For the Happy Birthday, this was cut from the polka dot purple page.  When it was together, it was pretty, but it still needed something.  I really didn't want to mix glitter with foiled paper, so I used Glossy Accents by Ranger and just coated all of the purple printing.  It really made a huge difference!
 For the label shapes, the black foil layer is cut at custom width of 5.00 and height of 8.00.  The multi layer is cut at custom width of 7.50 and height of 4.50.  The cream colored sentiment mat is cut at a width of 5.70 and height of 3.09. 
 For the envelope, I used a coordinating piece and made an envelobox with the crafter's companion.  I added a label piece with some scraps from the other cuts and the cut out a coordinating flower with a craft knife just to finish it off.
I also used some remaining polka dot paper to line the envelobox on the inside.  I had already shot the pictures before I completely finished the card, so you are missing a picture of this part.  We always keep the cards that we make each other, so we don't actually seal the envelopes.  I took a double slot punch and punched the flap and the center of the opening to the envelope and used another piece of the black sheer ribbon to close the envelope.  It also added a pretty bow.  Usually, I mail cards and don't get to do this, so it was kind of new and fun!  Well, I sure hope you like it.  She really loved it!  Whew!  Glad she liked it.  Hee! Hee!  We would love to hear what you think!

We sincerely hope that you all have as wonderful a day as we will!

10 comments:

  1. Very special! Happy Birthday Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just too sweet! Happy Birthday Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Jill - such a gorgeous card!!!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Jill. This one is really over the top gorgeous! Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Jill! How wonderful it must be to have such a crafty husband make you such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Happy Birthday, Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Jill!! Oh My, what a magnificent card and treasured gift, unfortunately my hubby doesn't know what a store bought card is much less a handmade card, but he's still a sweetie.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that is absolutely gorgeous...............she will cherish it forever You have an amazing talent. That is also my favorite stack

    ReplyDelete