Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jinger's Card Making Contest...

Hey Ya'll,
Many of you probably know that Jinger Adams with ProvoCraft held a card making contest.  It included using your Cricut to make a card with certain cartridges (Don Juan, Winter Lace and-or Wall Decor and More).  You also had to use something from Anna Griffin in each card.  The winner of the contest receives the new product by ProvoCraft and the new product by Anna Griffin that is introduced to everyone on HSN on the 20th of January.  Jill, Audie (dear friend), my Mom and Myself got together and really had fun making these card.  Everyone did something completely different and really beautiful.  Since we all worked on these individually, I don't have all of the cut details or anything, but will try to describe what we did as best as I can.  We are really excited and hope that one or more wins!
 First up is Audie's.  She used a wood paper and a piece of Anna's floral paper.  She hand cut the rose and lace details with a craft knife.  The text and butterflies are from WDAM cartridge.
 All of the different layers were popped out with 3D adhesive.
 A MS Border punch was used down the right edge.  This is only her 5th card ever so I am just thrilled with the way it turned out.
 This one is Mom's.  The birdhouse is actually a rectangle piece with a circle cut out of the center.  The text and bird is from WDAM cartridge.  The roses are made using a swirl cut from (I think) Accent Essentials and then just rolled up with a quilling tool.
 For the birdhouse, there is 1/4 inch worth of 3D adhesive used in the center of the house shape, 1/8 used heading to the outside and then ATG used on the very end to make it look curved.  It just turned out so pretty!  I am really excited about it!
 A decorative corner punch was used for the sentiment mat.
 This is Jill's card.  The decorative medallion in the center is cut using a piece of Anna Paper and a craft knife.  It's so beautiful.  The mustard colored fan shapes are made cutting a border piece with Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art Cartridge.  They are then scored every 1/4 inch to make these beautiful fans.
 The text is from WDAM cartridge and the shape behind the text is from Preserves.  I-Rock gems were used throughout the design to add some bling to it.  She did such an amazing job!  Just love it!
 OK... So this is the pink princessy card made by a DUDE!  Hee! Hee!  The crown and diva were cut from WDAM.  The label shape was from Preserves.  The flourishes were from Cindy Loo.
 I used lots of layers for this one.  One the word Diva, I added some pearls and then covered the entire word with tickles for glitter.  It's hard to tell in the pictures.  I also used the I-Rock and several different colors and sizes on the crown to bling it out.  You know Anna... Always over the top, so I just hope this was over the top enough.  Hee! Hee!
This is the inside of the card.  Again... Over the top.  Hee! Hee!  Thank you so much for looking!  I hope you like them all!  We really hope that at least one of them is a winner.  We would love to hear your comments!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, These are so pretty, I don't even know what to say. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous! You guys blow me away, always. I wish I had a fraction of your talents

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are BEAUTIFUL cards. My goodness they are ALL wonderful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful!!TFS!! I hope one of them wins as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely loved your cards!!! Congratulations on you all winning Jingers' contest!!!! You deserved it!!!

    ReplyDelete