Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Masculine Birthday Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Just wanted to share our latest with you.  This is another card I made using the Cricut Imagine.  I have to say, the more time I spend with the new machine, the more I am falling in love with it.
 This particular card had an entirely different direction in mind.  First of all, what I did with it.  The paper for the mats and all cuts were from the Carnival Imagine Art Cartridge. When I first got it, I wondered why I did, but I really love the artwork on this cartridge.  I am sure I will love the fonts when I can play with them on the Gypsy.  Anyway... The newspaper print is an art page from this cartridge and I printed a 12x12 sheet of this paper.  The car image printed so well that it kind of changed the direction.
 I used a flower punch for the flower shapes and cut them from scraps from cutting my mats.  The happy birthday is from the Celebrate with Flourish Cricut Lite cartridge.  I used different papers from carnival and flood filled them.  The height of this cut and all layers was 3.00.  It was to go in the center of the card, but when I saw the car on the paper, I changed my mind.  Thank God we can do that, right?  Hee! Hee!  I added a simple velvet ribbon strip just for a punch of color.
 All of the mats, flowers and shadow layers were inked using a Chocolate Ink.  For the center of the blue flower, I used a new Birthday Gift, the I-Top and a 16mm brad with the newspaper printed scraps.  Finally, I just loved this antique car, so I used some Glossy Accents on the body of the car and really like the way that it pops off of the paper.
Trying to avoid over doing it, I kept the inside very simple.  I was kind of surprised with the way that it turned out.  I didn't expect to like all the elements as much as I did, but was very proud with the way it turned out.  Hope you all like it!  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I can see why you like this card, it's definitely a WOW card. I so enjoy all of your amazing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your card! Great elements and colors. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful card! I don't know the original direction but it's gorgeous! Great colors - I might have to get that Carnival cart!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card. Masculine and yet attractive. Love the colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just wonderful! I always have trouble with "guy" cards, but yours is just right! I wanted to let you know that I featured this card on our Fantabulous Friday segment today at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog. I hope you will stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great male card, thanks for directing me to take a look at it. I jut bought the Carnival cartridge man you and really making me go broke LOL STOP IT!!!! no just kidding

    ReplyDelete