Monday, January 3, 2011

Princess Choxie...Cricut Circle Challenge...

Hey Ya'll,
Some of you already know that we have two adorable Chihuahuas.  One of them is Choxie.  She had a special page day today as I did the following for the Cricut Circle Challenge.
For this challenge, you have to pick a project from any of the blog posts on the Cricut Circle Blog.  The following is the project that I picked from that Jana Eubank posted.  I actually printed this off and sat it aside hoping that someday I would have time to recreate the layout and YAY!  Today was the day!
For this challenge, you had to use at least two Cricut Cuts, and something from two of the Circle Blog Sponsors.  The three sponsors I had products for were Bazzill Basics Paper (White & Pink Card Stock), Imaginisce (I-Rock), and I didn't have any Cosmo Cricket paper, but I do have the Elise Imagine Pattern cartridge for the Imagine Machine and it was designed by Cosmo Cricket... so that has to count, right?
For the Background, I used a solid pink piece of card stock.  I then used the imagine to print the green square using the fit to page feature on the machine, simply flood filling it with the green dot pattern from the Elise pattern cartridge.  I then printed on the Imagine, the Elise pattern and had the machine cut and print a scalloped circle.  I used the fit to page feature for this.  I then changed to the Imagine More Cards Art cartridge and had the machine print and cut a 10" circle.  This was put in the center of the scalloped circle.
 On the Gypsy, welded the border on the bottom of the page together from the French Manor cartridge.  The crowns are also from French Manor.
 The crown was covered in Stickles and Gems using the I-Rock.  The bone is from A Child's Year.  The border frame around the picture in white is using a Martha Stewart Corner/Border Lace Punch Set.  I then glued the pearls in the pattern on the frame.
Princess Choxie was created using the Gypsy.  What I did was weld the shadow together using the font from the Elegant Cakes cartridge.  LOVE THIS FONT!!!  I then welded the standard letters together, but I kept Princess and Choxie seperate words.  When I put it together, I used the princess first and then I put Choxie on 3D adhesive to make it pop out that much more!  A little puppy brad here and a little stickled there, and the layout is complete!
On a side note, you will notice that little miss Choxie is wearing a Tiara.  She is not really wearing the Tiara.  I used the pen tool with Photoshop to place the Tiara on her head.  Hee! Hee!  I know all you digi-scappers will like that one!  The image of the crown was from Stock Exchange Free Site. I used the I-Rock with some iridescent crystals and some iridescent stickles over the picture to make it pop a little more.
This one was certainly a blast to put together and Thanks to Jana for the great inspiration!
Oh!  And don't worry!  Boots' page is right around the corner!  Hee! Hee!

16 comments:

  1. So adorable! Love Choxie and your LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, all the work and detail! And your little pup is too cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, I love Chihuahuas I had two growing up..................a long long time ago. I recently did a digital image of a Chihuahua.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of this world!!!! Love all the details, bling gallore!!...the cuts, the pearls?!!!!... the many tools used....Oh, I almost forgot, WOW!!!!
    XOXO Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout, glad to see others as daft as I am about my pets. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I am so all about this. The LO is magnificent. I love what you did with the words and shadows by welding them together. The paper choices are superb and the detail work, WOW, is amazing.
    Now that I have praised your work, I must tell you the sweet little picture is so adorable. I am partial to dog people. I have a long-haired chihuahua, Magnolia, and a long-haired chihuahua/maltese mix, named Jack. They are the sweetest little dogs ever. If you go to my blog you can see a picture of them. But again let me tell you how outstanding your work is on this project. As always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Princess Choxie is adorable and the LO is fabulous all the layers and bling, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my what a GORGEOUS Layout!!! Love all those embellishments! Oh my gosh but Choxie makes the layout - what a sweetie!!! Love the whole thing!
    Hugs
    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year!! Wonderful LO!! I became a follower of yours. I love your blog, you do great work!! TFS Warmest regards, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome job! I love your style. hope you have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a NEW follower come and visit me and BEE come a follower
    http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com
    Rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL - u made me take a second look at my Elise cart! You're right the designs are from Cosmo Cricket - I'd say that counts too! Love your take on the LO - your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cut puppy! your layout is gorgeous - love all the pretty borders!

    ReplyDelete