Wednesday, January 12, 2011

With Sympathy...


Hey Ya'll,
This is a card that I made for a dear friend who just lost their sister.  I don't feel that great about posting sympathy cards, but they should be special and beautiful for the person they are intended for, so I have been posting them as they are made.  We are particularly proud of the way this card turned out and I hope it inspires and you enjoy looking at the details.
 For this card, I used the imagine for most of it and the Lori's Garden Imagine Art Cartridge.  I used a mauve ribbon down the center and a lace border punch for the lace strip in the center.  This card is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  The mats are from printed paper from this same cartridge.
 The bird was from this cartridge and I had the machine separate the layers out for this project.  This was cut at a height of 2.5.
 The rose with the stem was cut at a height of 4.00 and layers were separated out and the bottom rose blossom was cut in separate layers at a height of 2.5.
 The inside has the same mats as the front and the same border punch was used for the sentiment mat.  The flourishes are from Cindy Loo.
 As you can tell, I still inked all layers using a chocolate colored ink.  I used a gold/iridescent stickles for the chest of the bird and then used glossy accents by ranger for the top of the bird's head, beak, eye and floral wing.  this added a beautiful accent.
 I used the Gypsy to weld and cut the letters using more paper printed from this cartridge.  On the blue portion of this font work, I used glossy accents for this as well.
I also used Glossy Accents at random around the roses to look like dew drops on the flowers and leaves.  I also added just a touch of the stickles on the golden portions of the printed flowers.  Thank you so much for looking and we would love to hear what you think about the card.  We are certainly proud of the way it turned out.

12 comments:

  1. This is a GORGEOUS card. Love the detail and the colors so pretty! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's beautiful..thank you for sharing your amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card came out just beautifully. I love the many layers, the stickles, and the inking on the edges of the different cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sympathy card is just beautiful, and will be so special to whomever receives it!

    I know what you mean about posting them, but they are cards that are very much needed and we all need to be inspired if we have to do one -- hopefully not! But they're not easy -- this helps!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the depth you created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, you so make me want the Imagine, but I just don't have the $$$ Love love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, thank you so much for your kind words on my blog! I am so glad you commented or I may never had found your blog. Which is beautiful and I am so following!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! What a wonderful job you have done on this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The card is beautiful. The detail work is so pretty. I am sure your friend will appreciate the card and all the work you did to create it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful. It should provide special comfort for the recipient. Sad they have to be made at all, at least they can be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a hospice nurse and like to send cards to my families when they lose a loved one. This card is absolutely beautiful and would touch the hearts of the person receiving it. Thank you for a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete