Saturday, February 26, 2011

50's Birthday Cards...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, today I have a couple of cards to share with you.  We just had a birthday party for my Aunt & Uncle.  It was a 50's type of party, so the Nifty Fifties cartridge came in real handy for this one!
 These are both 1/2 cards.  The side view car and all layers are cut at a height of 2.30.  The chrome parts of the car were cut from mirror silver card stock.  It really looks great with the layers.  The Route 66 on both cars and all layers are cut at a height of 3.30.
 I used Glossy Accents on the entire solid red parts of the car.  I also used it on the black parts of the Route 66 sign.  I used iridescent stickles on the white detail on the back of the car and silver stickles on the edges of the sign.  I also used red stickles on the border of the Happy Birthday Strip.
 The background papers used in both cards are from Kate's Kitchen that I printed on the imagine.  I thought the papers worked perfectly with this design.
 The base cardstock is white.  Didn't want to overdo it.  Hee! Hee!
 The Happy Birthday on both cards was just printed on glossy picture stock.  I used photoshop and the font is called Harlow.  I used the chrome feature and changed the base color to black so that it stood out.
We had lots to write in each card, so I kept the inside very simple.

It was such a fun family get together and the cards were a big hit!  My aunt that hosted the party has a 50's room in her home complete with jukebox and all of the 50's furniture!  It's an amazing place, so the cards were right at home for the party.  The home made chocolate cake was incredible too!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  We would love to hear what you think!

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I always love how finished your cards look with the matching inside! Bet they were a huge hit!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, Bobby & Jill, does this bring back memories. I had a crush on a guy in Jr. High (as it was called then)who had a car like this except it was a different color. Oh my, am I telling my age now?
    Fabulous cards as usual. I love all the detail you put into all your cards. What an inspiration you are to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous cards, with great details, love the glossy accents used. I have bought this cartridge but as of yet have not used it, I think i may just have been inspired :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toooo cute for words!! Love 50's stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH LOVE LOVE LOVE these...great design and love the Harlow font - perfect with this cart! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards, I always wanted a 57 Chevy! Don't ya just love Glossy Accents, now you will have to try the Crackle Accents they also give a great effect

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is soooo cute, and I've just got to get that cart. My eye has been on it for a while now.

    Your card reminds me of a show I used to watch called "77 Sunset Strip"; I think it's because of the "Route 66". So funny, I'd remember that!

    ReplyDelete