Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge Project...

Hey Ya'll,
This is a card I made for the...
Cricut Circle
Weekly Challenge #18: Back to the Basics Challenge!
For this challenge we want you to go “Back to the Basics” . . . by using ONLY the cartridge(s) that came with your machine or Gypsy! You must use THREE cuts on your project (the complete title or words counts as one cut). 
 For this card, I used the Gypsy Wanderings Cartridge on the Gypsy.  I just used a bunch of different flower cuts, the Thanks Sentiment with the shadow and the leaf stems are from this as well.  I wanted to do something familiar (floral layout), but also wanted to do something very different (background).
 This is a half card (5 1/2" x 8 1/2").  I used a piece of blue patterned card stock for the background cut 5 1/4" x 12".  I used the scoring board and scored every 1/4".  Then I folded it like you would for a fan.  The 12" length made a nice screen across the background.  I then took a piece of patterned card stock and cut the oval in the center (Gypsy Wanderings) of a 12x12 piece.  When I pulled it from the mat, I centered it on the score board, scored the 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" shape of the card base.  I then scored again 1/4" out and then 1/4" out again.  This way, all I had to do was cut the corners and fold under.  I then put ATG on the inside of this piece and stuck down the folded blue stock.  I then folded the edges of the striped card and clued the edge flaps to the face of the card base.  This gave me my back screen.  I then used several different 3D adhesives and quilling glue and just added everything else until done.  I cut the flowers at random sizes at 1", 1 1/2" and 2".  I then took brads and put them together to make layered flowers.  I then just arranged them until I was happy with the layout.  I used Glossy Effects on the Thanks and Iridescent Stickles on the center of all flowers and brads.
For the inside of the card, I used the back of the paper for the sentiment mat that was from cutting the oval on the front.  Hee! Hee!  Cheated a little with that one.  I also added a couple of flowers on the inside to finish it off.  This was lots of fun just playing with one cartridge.  I haven't done that in quite a while.  We would love to hear what you think.  Thanks so much for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Wow another gorgeous creation! Love the folding in the background - so pretty!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dimension! I'm going to have to use the fan technique on a future project!

    ReplyDelete