Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cricut Clock...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, another challenge project to share with you.  This one is for the Cricut Circle Magazine Monthly Challenge.  Here are the details.


February CRICUT EVERYDAY CONTEST!

You have your hands on the best cartridge any true Circle member would want!! Put it to good use and create something that you would use to define yourself at Meet-ups, Crops, the Stampede or any other circle event!! Your project can be your calling card, tags, table décor or something to swap. 
CONTEST RULES: Please use at least 3 Cricut Cuts from your Cricut Everyday Cartridge in your design. Upload a picture of your project to the blog under the Magazine Challenge tab. One entry per person. Entry deadline is  Friday, March 11th, 2011. The winner will receive one Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons Cartridge and one Creative Memories Reminisce Accents Cartridge!! Prize will be shipped within 4 to 6 weeks of Winner Announcement.

This is actually a gift that I made for a friend, and I made one for my craft room.
This is a simple clock that I got from Wal-Mart for $9.00.  I took it apart and started playing.  The purple border inside was cut using the Cricut.  I took to 12x12 pieces of purple card stock and made a 13 inch circle with the Gypsy.  Obviously, it didn't fit on the mat, but it still cut enough that I could use two pieces and have a perfect circle to put inside the clock for a background.  I then cut a 11.5" circle out of white card stock.  I then cut 12 circles at 2.5" our of Cricut Green using George and Basic Shapes and then cut 12 more circles at 2.0" out of white.  I cut the bug logo from the Cricut Everyday Circle Exclusive Cartridge at a height of 6".  I cut the phrase also from this cartridge at a height of 2.5".  For some reason, the phrases are not working on the Gypsy, so I used the Expression with the cartridge to cut this and the layer.  The numbers are also from Cricut Everyday and all cut at a height of 2.0".  I used a couple of Hot Rocks in the center of the bug's eyes, to dot the "I" in the phrase and for the tops of the antennas.  Once it was all done, I got to looking at it since it was a perfect circle.  So... I then used the Gypsy and cut the "1" from the font on the Cricut Everyday Cartridge at a height of 17.00.  Again, it didn't fit on the mat, but it gave me the antennas to put on top of the clock to make it truly Cricut.  Hee! Hee!

This was such a fun project and I hope my friend really likes it.  I know I love mine!  Thanks for visiting today!  Come back anytime!

14 comments:

  1. I Love this clock!!! I know what my nest project will be!! I don't have that cart but I do have a cut file for the bug head and design studio so I think I can make something similar. Thanks for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a terrific clock! It is super adorable! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea!! Love your clock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great clock! You did a super job! I think I will be clock-lifting this idea! My crafting room needs a clock like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, I may have to make one of these to hang in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable clock, and what a great job you did on it!!! I had no idea what I'd do with my cart and seeing this has inspired some ideas. I knew I liked some of the cute "quotes" on the cart but wasn't sure what to do with the images!!! TFS!!! This is a perfect project for the cart -- just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've left something for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is sooooo cute! what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it you are so gonna win the challenge. I would be proud to hang this in my craft room your friend is very lucky. I am a new follower hope you will check out my blog to thanks. http://cassiescraftspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete