Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandma! For the Love of Everyone Blog Hop Day 2

Hey Ya'll,
Welcome back to the hop.  For today, I wanted to share a very special story with you.  Valentine's Day for most people is all about candy, flowers, dinner out and a romantic evening.  For our family, it's a little different.  My Grandma passed away a few years ago.  Her Birthday is on Valentine's Day, so it's always been a day to celebrate, but in a little different way.  Since her passing, I always send something special to my mom and my aunts that is a little bit Valentine's Day and all about Grandma's Birthday.  So... Here is what I did this year!
 Grandma's favorite flower was Yellow Roses.  I always try to keep some Valentine's look in the card.  For this one, I used the imagine pretty well throughout.  The roses are actually from the Shall We Dance Exclusive Circle Cartridge.  I flood filled them on the imagine using Lori's Garden.  I really like the way they turned out.  The heart and Happy Birthday are from Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art.  The mats were simply printed from Lori's Garden and then hit with a rounded corner punch.  A light blue/green ribbon was run through the center of the top mat.
 I used 3D adhesive on the layers and used Glossy Accents on the rose details to highlight the petals.
On the inside, I used a MS corner punch on the sentiment mat, a piece of the leftover paper from the front and then added another yellow rose from Shall We Dance.  I was really pleased with the way they turned out.  I hope everyone loves them this year and I hope you enjoyed the story and the card.  Thanks so much for spending time with us today.  We hope to see you again soon!

Don't forget, we have some special Spring Blog Candy going to one lucky follower.  All you need to do is follow our blog and leave a comment telling us what your favorite project (not including one of ours) from the hop.  Basically, let us know which of our friends had your favorite project.  Also, be sure to leave a comment on each blog in the hop to be eligible to win the grand prize from our sponsor, Thirty- One!  If you need to go back or start over, please feel free to use the button at the bottom of this post.  It will take you back to the beginning.  There is also a complete list of our friends with links below.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone and Thank you SO much for visiting!

The Cricut Couple - Your Here!

38 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea, to send your family a card on their loved one's birthday! I think my favorite project was the Love mini album. Thanks for the chance to win! cjdempsey9 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandpa's birthday was on Valentines Day too and we sadly lost him 8 days after his birthday 6 years ago. Valentines Day is always a little bitter sweet because of this.

    I love the card and your story behind it. Thanks for sharing.

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg you two make truly beautiful cards! A huge thank you for all the hard work done for this blog! Jennifer and I would be happy to hop with you to anytime we are so lucky to have found such great blogging buddies

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and very thoughtful card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! So sweet that you share your love for your grandmother with your mom and your aunts each Valentine's Day. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card. It has an oldfashioned look to it. Sorry, but each project is unique and I love them all for different reasons.
    stuff@gt.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card, yellow roses are my favorite also.
    rcz28@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and I love the yellow roses. Your grandma is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can you make me pick a favorite from all those great projects. It's simply not fair! I loved them all. Well, I was really partial to the teddy bear valentine's lo.
    DanielleP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your story about your Grandmother! very touching!! Your card Is Stunning!! TFS!!
    I love all the Great Projects on this hop, But the one that really caught me was from Melissamade2 Trouble Maker!! It is so stinkin Sweet!! Thanks for the Awesome Blog Hop...I had a blast!!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
    Rexann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful!! You must know how difficult it is to pick a favorite, this hop was loaded with fab ideas and work!! The one that touched me the most was---Daily Grace's True Love LO!! Everyone did an awesome job!!
    Cindy
    miller896042 at bellsouth dot net

    ReplyDelete
  12. your card is wonderful. I love all the paper that you used with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your card is absolutely gorgeous. It looks Victorian. I love that type of theme and hope to be as talented as you some day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This really is a beautiful card and what a way to cherish loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a truly beautiful card! I am going to try making one just as cute. The blog hop has been wonderful, tfs.
    Cathy
    mexicopetshop@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. that is a beautiful card!!! I love the inside of it also! tfs
    brenna
    rbanderson@live.ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful way to remember your grandma--I know your mom and aunts will cherish these cards forever
    coolnana72@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is beautiful!!! My favorite project today was the chili pepper card or the "dirty" card!!
    Carrie
    carriedan1 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a beautiful card thanksfor sharing...beverlymefford@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card and wonderful way to carry on memories! Wonderful job! I love all of the projects again today and really like Okie's treat bag...yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is gorgeous, what a wonderful way to remember your Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing the family story about the birthday card. The card is fantastic, and I will have to look at those roses on the cart! I enjoyed seeing all the projects but for day two I really liked Gaby Creates layout with lots of photos on the page(s).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bobby & Jill, your card is gorgeous as usual. You cannot top perfection. Thank you for all you did to make our blog hop a success.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card. I have enjoyed all the projects on the hop. I definitely want to try the topiary.
    username at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I love the layout that Just Yolie made for her granddaughter. I am a follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just beautiful, the intricate scrollwork is gor-ge-ous.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just loved your story and especially your card. I have signed up as a follower. TFS gcsteidl at mts dot net

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the cards at Melissa Made
    The talent you have all shown in this hop is just awe inspiring ! Thank you all for the dreams and new goals!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card! What a great story! I love family traditions and this one is awesome ~ especially because my grandmother was such a big party of my life.

    Kristin
    ksully4597 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card! Love the yellow roses. Thanks for a great blog hop

    barbara614@insightbb.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a beautiful card for your family to honor your grandmother. Love all your project! Great hop.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a very touching story thanks so much for sharing it with us. Love your card. Such a fun hop thanks

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh what a sweet story. Thanks for sharing your special family story. I love the yellow roses. Your card is so special. Thanks

    Linda
    http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is just so sweet and sentimental! I love the thoughtfulness you put into it! Favorite project? wow that's hard to pick. I think the topiary will be the first that I try!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very pretty card and what a nice thing to do.
    mmlmn @polarcomm.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. So very classy. Just beautiful!!! My 3 yr old GD's birthday is on Valentine's day.
    I'm a follower.
    Thanks for the chance to win.
    http: // mamawann. blogspot. com/
    annadowdy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such really great projects, has been a great hope.

    shanasewing@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is so pretty! Such wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete