Friday, February 4, 2011

Lovely Golden Valentine...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, this card turned out to be a very pleasant surprise.  Yellow is my least favorite color.  It really isn't.  This is a vintage valentine image from a K&Company paper stack I found at Michaels.  I have never really worked with Vintage images before, but after seeing some amazing cards using them lately, I was really inspired to seek some out and give them a try!  In the Cricut Circle, Cindy Royal (one of the blog designers) has really created some incredible cards and I just had to scraplift some ideas and try my own.
 For this card, I used all papers from the K&Company stack except for the golden colored solids I used.  This is a die cut vintage image.  I used a rounded punch on the picture (as well as everything else) and simply cut the mats and then the corners.  The white heart is a simple paper doily I found at Michaels.  Out of the entire craft room, this is the one piece of golden yellow ribbon I had.  Let's hear it for Target's Dollar Ribbon Sets.  Hee! Hee!  The hearts were punched using a Martha Stewart Heart punch from a heart covered paper in the stack.
 The roses on this card are actually ribbon roses and the leaves are some mini-silk rose leaves.  It's kind of old school, but I thought it really worked with the vintage feel and color scheme of the card.
The inside is cut the same way.  Ok... Are you ready for this?  I finished the card, shot the picture, got the images ready to post and then realized...  There are no Cricut cuts in this card.  What's the matter with me?!?  I always use the Cricut, so if you recreate this card, use your cricut to cut your mats.  Then I won't feel like a fake!  Hee! Hee!  Thanks so much for visiting today!  We look forward to the next visit!

3 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL card!!! You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes - I love the vintage image! She is adorable and looks wonderful in all this yellow! Gorgeous!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete