Monday, March 7, 2011

Enough Winter Already...

Hey Ya'll,
This is just a fun card that I tried to put together for the Circle Weekly Challenge.  You had to use something that was princess or gnome based for the design.  We lovingly called this card, Winter Sucks.  Hee! Hee!  It's basically saying... enough winter already, bring on Springtime!  I used the imagine for this card and didn't keep track of the cut sizes, but it's a half card for the base.
 For the front, I used a gnome from the Freshly Picked Cartridge.  The flower bed is also from this cartridge.  I used the Imagine to flood fill the cuts.  I used the Imagine Art Cartridge called Nature for the stone wall and the bark layer under the flower bed.  I also used Lacy Labels for the snowflakes.  Once I had everything in place, I used Liquid Applique for the snow and then used stickles on the snow and snowflakes.  I just cut out a thought bubble with scissors and wrote in "Oh!  Come On!".
For the inside of the card, I put a plain sentiment mat on the inside cover and then used this scene for the inside.  The Everything is still the same as the front as far as cuts go, but I used a sunshine shape and added grass that I cut from Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art.  On the thought bubble for the inside, I wrote "Ah!  That's Better!"  This was just something fun to play with.  I know someone who's winter went out with a bang.  The snow and cold kept coming and everyone in the house went through sickness one at a time, so hopefully this will cheer them up and give them a little light knowing that springs just about here.  I would love to hear your comments!  Thanks so much for visiting with us today!

4 comments:

  1. I love it, as the snow just started to come down again here. Although your card is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Another great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is both awesome and amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an absolute HOOT!! That is just priceless! Love it! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete