Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Cricut!

Hey Ya'll,
I wanted to play again with this quarters Circle Cartridge (Cricut Everyday) and so I thought, Cricut is 5 this year.  Why not make a birthday card to send to PC?  Afterall, they are really the reason we got into all of this, so you sitting here looking at our blog is really there fault.  Hee! Hee!  So anyway... this is what I did.
 The bug cut and all his layers were cut at a height of 2.50.  The 5 on 5th birthday was cut at a height of 6.00 and the "th" were cut at a height of 2.00.  They were all welded together with Gypsy to make one piece.  The Happy and Birthday were also welded and cut at a height of 1.00.  The party hat is from Simply Charmed.  It was cut at a height of 1.50.
I used a simple party paper for the mat and the 3D adhesive to pop everything out.  I then covered the 5th and happy birthday layers with stickles to make everything stand out.  I really didn't know about this cartridge when I first saw it, but we really are Cricut Hoarders, so it fits.  When I was young and addicted to hot wheels, I had their logo all over the place, so since I haven't grown up yet, it seems to fit.  Hee! Hee!  For some reason, the picture of the inside came up missing when I sat down to post everything.  It has a picture from the cartridge cut at a height of 2.50 of the imagine at the bottom and a sentiment that says "Just not too much cake.  You sure have gotten fat in the last 5 years." Hopefully they will get the joke... The Imagine is HUGE!  Hee! Hee!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute card. Great idea to send PC a birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute card and what a great idea!!! Hope you really do send it off to PC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the cutest card how sweet! love it

    ReplyDelete