Sunday, March 6, 2011

Victorian Birthday Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Sorry we have been a little light on projects lately... It's been a really crazy time here.  Things are settling a bit, so hopefully, there will be lots more fun stuff to come.  This is a Victorian Card that I made yesterday.  It's actually very simple.  I used a craft knife for this one and the DCWV paper stack Chao Bella.  It has some really beautiful papers in it and both the inside and front are made only using two sheets of paper.
For the front, I cut out the victorian patterned band and the label shape with the bird and flowers in one piece.  The bottom half of this same page is the lace pattern underneath and I used it for the background mat.
 On the second piece of paper, I cut the same mat for the inside and cut out the negative space inside the label shape.  From the negative space, there was the extra bird and flower scene.  I used a craft knife and cut out these details and layered them on the front.
 I used stickles here and there to accent some of the details to coordinate with the rest of the paper.  The ribbon type edge of the card was already glittered, so this just tied everything together.  The sentiment and little bow are from the Anna Griffin Card Kit that was just shown on HSN.  This is a FANTASTIC KIT.  Lots of things will be coming from it soon.
Where the negative space was cut out, I added white underneath for the sentiment mat.  It just worked out beautifully.  In looking through this paper stack, I will be doing more things like this.  It has some really great multiple use pages in it.  I was really proud of the way this turned out and I sure hope you like it too!  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully. You definitely should be proud of it. I am definitely going to have to try this out. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!!! Love the feel Victorian feel to it -- very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this so much I went out and bought the stack of paper today. Going to try this. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I totally scraplifted this project this weekend and loved it so much I made another right away. Hope you like it. Thanks for the great directions and the inspiration. http://cricutcraftingrammy.blogspot.com/2011/03/scraplifted-vintage-cards-from-cricut.html

    ReplyDelete