Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cricut Circle Blog Monthly Challenge for April

Hey Ya'll,
This is my attempt at the Monthly Challenge for the Cricut Circle Blog.  It's all about Recycle, Repurpose and Reuse.  I made a card for this challenge with a couple of things you might find interesting.  I am not very good a recycling, but after this project, I certainly will do more of it.

APRIL MONTHLY CHALLENGE: Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle!

In honor of Earth Day (April 22nd) we would like you to recycle, reuse or repurpose 3 items on your project. For example, cut a shape from junk mail found in your trash can. Reuse something found in a junk drawer, or whatever! Use your creativity! Create a layout, card, altered project, etc. The choice is yours! This month entrants will be playing for their chance to win a Cricut Mini Cake Machine, Martha Stewart All Occasions Cake Art Cartridge, AND $50 worth of credit to Cricut.com


It was lots of fun learning all this stuff!  Hee! Hee!
 The flowers on this card were simply a 2 inch 5 point flower cut.  I then clued real rose petals to make the shape.  These were rose petals from our garden last year that were dried in a book over the winter.  The centers are paper flowers and brads.  That is for our reuse part.  The Repurpose part is the ribbon running through the center.  It actually came off of a gift bag that has been in a drawer for a LONG time.  Hee! Hee!
The most interesting part on this one is the base mat on the front of the card.  This is actually white hand made paper.  I have been keeping all of my white scraps in a tote since I got the Cricut Imagine machine.  Actually, I have been keeping all of my colored scraps too, but the white was what I used for this.  I will share a tutorial when I get more comfortable with it, but I actually made the white paper.  There are some good videos on YouTube teaching how, but basically you need a blender, iron, felt and a screen.  It's not difficult at all.  I inked this paper with a rose colored ink to offset the white and green in the decorative mat.

Overall, I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out.  I really hope it wins.  We really, really want a cake machine.  Hee! Hee!  We have decided if we can't win one my July, we will go ahead and get one.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  We are finally back in the craft room, so lots and lots of new projects to come!

3 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely. What an appropriate challenge for Earth day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - love all the dimension!

    ReplyDelete