Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Did you know???

Hey Ya'll,
Did you know that Cricut is 5 years old this year?  To Celebrate, today they are introducing the Cricut Expression Anniversary Edition on HSN!  Jinger announced a design challenge to win one of these beauties.
Of course, we couldn't resist participating in the challenge.  The following was so much fun to put together.  This is a page that I made to enter into the contest.  It's probably not going to win anything, but I thought it was a fun concept and really enjoyed putting together all these colors.
The Cricut bug and font are from the Cricut Everyday cartridge.  I used the G to weld together the phrase.  The The yellow layer is actually cut out so that there are little scalloped shadow boxes behind.  Behind this is zig folded striped paper.  We added a little pom to the top of the party hat, cupcake and gifts to finish off the birthday theme.  I love these challenges.  They are so much fun and let you really play with things that you wouldn't normally create!  We would love to hear what you think!

Some friends and family jumped in on the fun as well.  I will be sharing their designs over the next couple of days.  I got pictures of all of them, but have to get the blog ready.  Thanks so much for visiting today!  Now... turn on HSN and check out the new machine!  It's very exciting!

5 comments:

  1. This layout is so adorable...I love how you accordion folded the background! Awesome! I'm a new follower :)

    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this LO! Your projects are always so polished and perfect! So colorful and fun!
    Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute, cute page. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, what an absolutely layout! I can't wait to get back to blogging on a regular basis, I'm missing sooooo much!!!

    I'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete