Saturday, April 9, 2011

Super Simple Shadow Box...

Hey Ya'll,
Sorry it's been so long since we posted.  Life has been pretty crazy.  Hopefully the next couple of weeks will make up for it.  The craft room is back in business.
This is a very, very simple shadow box I made as a monogram.  The font for the "H" is from Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art.  I really love this font.  The letter was just cut on the Cricut using the largest cut possible on the 12 x 12 mat.  In this case, it was at 10.5".  The flowers are from Mother's Day Bouquet and cut using auto fill at 1.0".  The leaves were some left overs I had from another project.  I think they were from Mother's Day Bouquet as well. There are a couple of different sizes used.
The base for this is an already embossed piece of scrapbook paper (12x12).  It looks like an old ceiling tile.  You could use anything you want to do this.  The layers of the "H" are assembled with 3D adhesive strips.  The card used for this is purple with lavender color core.  I sanded the "H" to give it a more distressed look.  I then used the I-Rock to embellish it a little more.  The flowers are from two different coordinating shades of color core paper.
The flowers are just added here and there until they look right.  I added a purple or lime colored gem with the I-Rock to the center of each flower that was visible.
This project took all of about 15 minutes to assemble once the cutting was done.  It was just something fun to try, but we were really pleased with the end result.  We have seen these many times at home decor stores.  This shadow box was $4.00 and all of the paper materials to make it were about $3.00.  The most expensive part was the background paper which was a $1.50 sheet.  So, for $7.00, we have a completed shadowbox that is the exact colors we decorate with, that would have cost us $20.00 on a good sale to buy.

We sure hope you enjoy this project and try one for yourself.  We would love to hear what you think about it!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning! TFS!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think this is fabulous - gorgeous colors and you are right that would be way more then $20 at a store!! Gorgeous!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! Thank you so much for sharing. I am a new fan!

    ReplyDelete