Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BIG Baby Card...

Hey Ya'll,

So, I mentioned that there was a big card on the way.  This is a BIG card!  The card itself is 8 1/2" x 11"!  Tammy, a friend at work, is expecting soon.  There is a baby shower for her this coming Saturday and we needed something big that everyone could sign.  This card took a long time to make and figure out, but I was really pleased with the end result and everyone taking their turns signing it is just raving about it!  YAY!
 So, to make things easier, I went ahead and provided the Gypsy file for this design.  Congrats Baby Card Gypsy File.  To build the card, I used 2 pieces of 8 1/2" x 11" pink card stock and put them together with an extra piece in the center on both sides.  I then scored and folded.  I then used a large scalloped square (in Gypsy File) and put that on both inside and out.
 As you can see, there are many layers for this.  I used twine behind the balloon layers to look like they were tied down.  I also used scalloped squares and scored them to make the gift tote bags on the front of the card and box.  I used real tissue paper, cut it down and then tucked it to look like a decorated bag.  I also used twine on for the handles on the bags.
 On the inside, I added the Momma and a couple of balloons.  I wanted to leave plenty of room for everyone to sign it.
The box was a bit of a challenge to begin with.  Making a card this big, created a situation because the largest paper I have is 12x12.  That's not enough to make a box for an 11" tall card.  Hee! Hee!  What ended up happening is that I had a box of business card stock that was a pretty nice box.  I simply covered it and decorated it to go with the card.

This was such a fun project and I sure hope you all like it!  Thanks so much for visiting today!  We would love to hear what you think!

6 comments:

  1. You said, you hope I like it and would love to know what I think?! right?!... OK

    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!

    Definition: super- "above", cali- "beauty", fragilistic- "delicate", expiali- "to atone", and docious- "educable", with the sum of these parts signifying roughly "Atoning for educability through delicate beauty."

    There! [smile] ~Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is awesome!! Love all the gorgeous layers and those colors are so perfect for a baby shower but non-traditional and I LOVE that!!! The box is super cute too - love the little bag on it!! Another fabulous project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is adorable! and look at the size! Amazing. Love all the layers and I think the baloons look so real on the congratulations card. TFS this awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is awesome, so is the box!

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEST baby card EVER!!! Wonderful detail. Truly a work of heART.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, I love it and the details are fabulous, you are one very very creative person

    ReplyDelete