Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cricut Circle Monthly Challenge Design...

Hey Ya'll,
Today, I have a card for you that I made for the Cricut Circle's Monthly Blog Contest.  This one is called the "Make it your way" contest.
The content of the magazine is exclusive, but I did pull a page from the Magazine, as seen here, so that you could see what my inspiration was for this card.  When I saw this page, I just loved the phone design and the thought behind the card keeping a retro feel.  The challenge is to make a similar design that was provided in the magazine by a design team member, but to remake it your own way.  How fun!  It's like encouragement for scraplifting!  Hee!  Hee!
This design was made by Michele Kovack.  I just loved how she used the background shape from "Nifty Fifties"!  I just had to recreate it in my own way!
 This is a half card.  I used a rounded corner punch on all of the mats.  The paper design for the background mat with the little cups is a paper from Kate's Kitchen that I printed on the imagine.  I also used the imagine and the Best Friends cartridge to print the retro blue paper behind the phone.  I used the Gypsy for all of the cuts.  Here is the Gypsy File for you.
 The background shape behind the phone is from Nifty Fiftes.  The phone, itself, is actually a fantastic cut from the "From My Kitchen" cartridge!  There are so many amazing retro shapes on this cartridge!!!
The Thinking of You is from Cindy Loo and the tag on the front is from Tags, Bag, Boxes and Bows.  I sure hope you like the card!  Would love to hear your comments!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Very retro feel. It's like stepping back into my grandparents house years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and the retro look it offers. You coloring is great and it is just all around fun! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new and improved version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow! Another great card! I LOVE the retro feel to the whole thing! You did a fabulous job and I wish you luck on this Challenge! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on it!!!... I still remember these phones!!

    ReplyDelete