Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hey Ya'll,
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!  This is the Mother's Day Card that I made for my Mom.  I wish you could actually see this card because all of the textures really turned out amazing.  It didn't photograph as well as I had hoped, but I tried to show as much of the detail as possible.
 All of the papers in this card are from DCWV that came in a paper stack called "Mademoiselle".  We are really enjoying this paper stack!  The lovely lady on the right of the card is from a sheet in this stack.  I used a craft knife to cut her out.  The butterflies were from the same sheet.
 The heart is from Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art, as is the Happy Mother's Day.  Happy Mother's Day is cut at a height of 4.00 and the heart is cut at a height of 5.50.  The border is from MS Elegant Cake Art and cut at a width of 5.50.  I used a velvet ribbon on the border.  The flourish designs are from Home Decor.  I used a heart lace doily in the background as well.
I used some glossy accents on the font and here and there on the lady to bring out some of the details.  On the inside of the card, I used the same mat at the front with a white sentiment mat.  The inside was kept very simple... I just forgot to shoot it.  Hee! Hee!  I sure hope she likes her card and isn't going to check out the blog until we get together tomorrow.  She and dad are out of town for the weekend.  I would love to hear what you think about it!  Thanks so much for visiting today, and again, Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is fancy!!! What a gorgeous mother's day card!!! Very vintage or should I say Victorian!!! LOVE it!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love this card! I bet your mom loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous. I never cease to be amazed at your creations. I know your Mom was thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH! This is just GORGEOUS!!! You guys amaze me every time I pop in here! :o)
    I bet your Mom LOVe the card too! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete