Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Cards...

Hey Ya'll,
I had a couple of requests for cards for Mother's Day for a couple of ladies at work.  They really liked them and we hope ya'll will too!
 I used MS Seasonal Cake Art, MS Elegant Cake Art, Mother's Day Bouquet, MS Butterfly Stamp-Punch Combo and MS Corner/Border Punches.
 I used Glossy Accents on the fonts and Stickles on the butterflies.
 I hadn't done anything like this with the MS punches before.  I used half cards and then cut the light blue mat at 5 1/4 by 8 1/4.  I cut the mats first and then used the corner and border punches just on the corners rather than detailing the entire piece.  I kinda like the way it looked!
 This one was pretty much the same format.  I didn't have much time to work on these.

 The next one was my first project with Damask Decor!  I really love this cartridge!  I got it from Cricut.com with a Theresa Collins paper pack.  Looking forward to diving into that next!  This is actually a card that is on this particular cartridge.  I put the card shape on the Gypsy and just grew it until it took the most space on the page.  If I were just using the Cricut without the Gypsy, I would have used Fit to Page.  Once I had my size (5.75), just fit all of the other layers in on the tea pot.
On the inside, I used Happy Mother's Day from MS Seasonal Cake Art.  The mat on the inside, I hit with a MS corner/border punch so that you could see the lace around the tea pot when the card is closed.  I really enjoyed playing with this.  I hope to try every card from this cartridge!  We sure appreciate you visiting today and hope you will let us know what you think about the cards!  Happy Mother's Day Weekend to ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. Wow..wonderful work! I love each one. A lot of work but wonderful results for sure!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love them both :) That tea pot is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absololutely love this card. I just got my Explore and I wondered after you cut the base card, did you cut two of the tea pot shape for the top? It looks thicker. Thanks for inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete