Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Cricut Blog!!!

Hey Ya'll,
ProvoCraft has started a new blog for all things Cricut!
They are doing prizes for becoming a follower!  Check it out!
http://www.cricutblog.org/

So... To celebrate, how about a quick project?  This is a very quick card we put together for the Cricut Circle Monthly Challenge.  For the challenge, you have to play tic-tac-toe.
So... We chose to use the left side.  It started out as the bottom row, but the cuttlebug things we were trying didn't work with the flowers... so... this is what we ended up with.
 We used the Imagine and the Better Together cartridge for this.  We edited the sun background layer to a yellow color.  It was a redish-pink in the original artwork.  Everything including the background paper is from this cartridge.
We used lots of stickles to highlight rays of sun and to accent the flowers and butterfly.  We kept the inside very simple and used a solid black base for the card.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Make sure you check out the new Cricut Blog!  It's going to be so much fun!!!

11 comments:

  1. Hello, my wonderful family-friends!!! Wanted to drop by, and to let you know how much I've missed you and to just say "hi"!

    I know you probably thought I'd forgotten about the award you passed on to me; of course I didn't and I'll be posting it tomorrow -- trying to think of who I'm going to pass it on to -- that's a tough decision you know (lol). Thank you again for thinking of me, I always appreciate you and your kindnesses. You're just wonderful!

    I do hope is going much better now, and I'll be back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Thanks for the heads up on the new Cricut blog -- there's so much I seem to not be aware of -- I've really got some catching up to do!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute, awesome, colorful, whimsical card!! I just love it! WOW...OK, I'll stop!

    I wish we were neighbors so I can invite myself to your scrap room (I meant studio!) and play with the 3 of you!

    Thanks for leaving me such a sweet comment!

    Hugs, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fun! I am follower #169 at the new Cricut the Official Blog. I loved today's Hello Thursday post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, this is simply adorable...I LOVE the colors and the layout...I must get this cartridge!! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! Good luck in the monthly challenge!
    Colleen (gonescrappin' Cricut boards)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable.......your turn. LOL Like you said it is ALMOST like winning haha I love your card it is so cute and bright you have such a knack for making cards. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a happy card...just makes me smile! I love all the bright, sunny colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card! The vibrate colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Love the colors, great job putting this together!

    ReplyDelete