Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Power of One... Birthday Pooh Card. - First E2 Project!

Hey Ya'll,
Back to a few cards this week.  Hope you like them!  This was something I had to put together very quickly.  A friend at work asked that I make something for a relative's first birthday.  I got my E2, did the updates, tested everything and then went completely blank.  Hee! Hee!  I have been wanting to use this Baby Pooh image from the Disney Pooh Font Cartridge for a really long time, so I thought it would be a good test for the new machine and Wow!  Did they improve the cutting with the E2!  It cuts just like the imagine, which is so much improved from the original machines.  Something wonderful and unexpected, the E2 now gives you the control over your settings with the Gypsy.  The cut screen is all new with speed and pressure with the multi cut option.  YAY!!!
Anyway... Here we go.
 I did baby Pooh and all of his layers at 4.00.  The "1" and other fonts are also from this cartridge.  The "1" is cut at a height of 3.00.  The words The and Of are cut at a height of 1.00 and the letters used to spell out Power are cut at a height of .90.  Something else to note about the E2 - Before, when I would cut this wooden font from this cartridge on the Expression, if I cut them less than a height of 1.50, the detail wouldn't cut.  It's all here with the E2!  YAY!  The grass was from Pooh and Friends.  The grassy hill was cut freehand.
 The wood is actually brighter than this, but I had to rush this card, so the glossy effects was still wet when I shot the picture.  It looks a lot better than it actually shot in the picture.  I don't know if you can see it or not, but I also used glossy effects on the tub, the ground and the bubbles to look like water spilled all over the place.  I also used a green marker and just scribbled a little bit more grass here and there to add some texture to the bottom of the card.
On the inside, I used an extra piece from the "1" and made a sign out of it to say "Happy Birthday Hunny".  I just added an extra piece of grass to the bottom of the sign and it was all done!  This was actually a very fast card overall.  The most time consuming part was gluing all of Pooh's layers together.  Those Disney carts certainly have some layers!  Hee! Hee!  So anyway... Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Loving the few minutes I have had with the E2 so far.  I haven't played much with the new features of the machine yet... just haven't had time, but after the update, it worked perfectly with the Gypsy and cut beautifully.

Something else, you may not know about the E2 if you are interested...  I called PC today and asked a few questions.  One was, will the Gypsy cut with the built in cartridges.  The answer was, there is an update coming that will link those cartridges to registered E2 owners so that you can use them with your Gypsy.  If you got one and was maybe wondering about that, there you go.  Hee! Hee!  Something else that pertains to all of the machines with the touch screens... I have a Zagg screen protector for my Gypsy which I LOVE!!!  But, I have been using the ones that come with the Gypsy Sleeves on the Imagine.  Didn't care much for them.  I didn't have one to put on the E2 and I didn't want to do anything with the E2 without protecting the screen first, so this morning, I went to Radio Shack.  They have a set of 5 cut to fit screen protectors for $11.99!!!  They come with an amazing grid that makes them very easy to cut evenly.  They work PERFECTLY!!!  They are designed as a universal for phones and tablets, but they are fantastic for our BUGS!!!  Just thought that tip might help.  If I want anything like that, I always have to order it and pay shipping, so I was really excited to see that I could get them at a local store!!!

Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for visiting today!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! I love Pooh…he is my favorite guy (and dh). Your card is terrific with the "wood" grain and Pooh layers…love this :)

    ReplyDelete