Sunday, June 19, 2011

40 Years Together...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, today is a very special day!  It's my parent's 40th Wedding Anniversary!  So... You wanna see the card?  Here goes!  For this one, I used their favorite paper, which is Black Currant by DCWV.  I used a lot of layers with this card... so here goes...
 I used Mother's Day Bouquet (Flowers), Pop-Up Neightborhood (cream colored layer) and Storybook.  For the 40, I used Story Book and simply cut the numbers and layers.  I used Storybook also for the Years.  I selected a crown from this cartridge and then added the letters where I wanted them to go.  This is actually the reverse cut in black and then the background shadow layer is cut from purple.
 I used a strip of wedding ribbon through the center.  The flowers were cut from coordinating paper, rolled them with the stylus and then added a gem in the center with the I-Rock.  I also added some other gems with the I-Rock on the crown and corners.
 You could cut the cream colored layer from glitter paper, but I didn't have this color in glitter paper, so I covered it with iridescent stickles.  I also used glossy effects on the 40 to add some more dimension.  I also used a bit of silver stickles on the purple background layer.
The inside was kept pretty simple using the same paper as the front and adding a flower and the same ribbon from the front.  Well, I am really excited to give them this card.  I hope they like it.  I would love to hear your comments!  Thanks so much for visiting today.  Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card for a wonderful occasion. Congratulations to your parents. They will adore your card. LOve the Black Currant paper, all the layers and how you put years in the crown. Another awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, I am sure your parents will love and cherish it. Black current is also one of my favorite stacks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that card is gorgeous! And 40 many congratulations to your parents for their years together! My hubby and I have also been together 40 years and it's hard work in the beginning... lol!!!

    Love your card and that black currant paper is to "die" for!!!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Congrats to your parents. I missed that stack, hope I come across it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY. How gorgeous. I know your parents will love it. Congratulations to them. I'll bet they are so proud of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobby, Jill, when you have a moment I have a blog award for you on my post for today, June 22.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bobby and Jill I have nominated you for Irresistibly Sweet Award for your blog and all your crafty inspirations to myself and others. If you would like this award please check it out at www.cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com
    Thanks- Suzanne

    ReplyDelete