Sunday, June 12, 2011

Blogger Lost and Found...

Hey Ya'll,
Thanks for stopping by today.  Well, I was archiving some pictures and files from the blog in the back up drive and I am sitting there thinking... Hmmm... Where did my cousin's Birthday card go???  Well, evidently, when blogger had it's little stroke a few weeks back, this one got lost and I didn't catch it.  Hee! Hee!  This is actually a very simple card to make.
DCWV has this great paper stack that is all Denim.  It's what I used with some white to make this card.  I just used the straight paper cutter for the strip across the middle from one of the papers.  I used a simple denim background.  The stars can be cut from one of many cartridges with Cricut and a simple Happy Birthday with layers of your choice.
I just layered the stars from the different sized cuts to add some interest.  I used glossy effects on the center star cuts and also on the Happy Birthday.  Just to make them stand out.  My cousin is in the military and his family loves anything that is patriotic, so this worked out great for his Birthday Card!  Hope you all like it!  We would love to hear what you think!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

6 comments:

  1. I like it!! What is the name of the denim stack? It sounds like something I NEED!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee I think this is the only stack of theirs I don't have and it is awesome! Love the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew...glad this card is "found" again! It's too cute to be lost in blogger land! Love the denim and the stars are just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Sometimes "Simple" Speaks Volumes! What a great card and I've never seen that DCWV Stack... Gonna have to try and find it now! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh love the patriotic theme in vintage! Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete