Saturday, June 4, 2011

Burnin' Love...

Hey Ya'll,
I have a fun one to share with you today.  A friend at work is celebrating her 14th anniversary this month and asked me to make a card for her to give to her hubby.  He is a fire fighter and she wanted something with a little humor and a little sizzle, so this is what I came up with.
 Cartridges used are Elegant Cakes, Graphically Speaking, Home Accents, Indie Art and MS Elegant Cake Art.  The flames are from Indie Art, Together and the background plate are from Graphically Speaking, Hearts from Home Accents and 14 and years are from MS Elegant Cake Art.  For the 14 and years, I cut the letters and numbers individually in red, but I used the Gypsy to weld together the white.
I used a smoke colored ink and inked all of the edges.  I also rubbed the makeup sponge that I used for inking the edges, up the center of the white mat so that it looked like smoke in the back of the flames.  Also, it makes the paper look a little burnt.
For the inside, I found this love graphic on Google Images.  I used photoshop and added it to a black background.  I added the text in an orange color and then did a noisy outer glow with yellows and oranges.  It's hard to see in this picture, but on the actual card, it looks like the letters are made out of sparklers.  Very Fun!  She was so excited when she saw the card.  I just hope she gets the results she is wanting.  Hee! Hee!  Thank you so much for visiting today!  I would love to hear your comments!

9 comments:

  1. You went above and beyond with this one. I think he's going to love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome card. He is going to LOVE it.... it sizzles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Love your card you did a great job. I also like how you used photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Awesome! It has the humor and the sizzle!!! She/He is going to love it...I have a funny story but will email you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWWWWW!!! You are just amazing!!! That card is out-of-this-world and will be just perfect!!! Yes, it does have humor and sizzle, and it's phenomenal!!! Love-love-love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this card came out AMAZING! You are so talented. LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for your firefighter friend. I chuckled when I saw the card in my blog reader, and after reading your post I love it even more. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out wonderful! I LOVE how the flames turned out even with the added inking for smoke. (Very Cool) I bet your friends hubby LOVED it! TFS! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so Cool Bobby, I love all the elements. That inside is too cool or should I say hot. LOL
    Just a little FYI for you - I won the Imagine last night on Ebay it is your creations that pushed me over the edge.

    ReplyDelete