Friday, June 17, 2011

Butterfly Birthday Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Lots of Birthdays this month.  This is a birthday card that I made for a friend at work.  I was so happy with the way this one turned out, but she told me "This is the nicest card I have ever received!"  It's comments like that, that just make me look for more and more reasons to make cards for people!!!
 I used paper for this one that I have had for a very long time, but it all works so well together.  I used several cartridges for this one.  I used Everyday Pop-Up Cards for the Butterflies, Lacy Labels for the swirls to make the rose centers of the flowers with, Mother's Day Bouquet for the flower base petals (pink) and the leaves, Paper Lace for the Happy Birthday sentiment and the shadow layer, and Straight from the Nest for the flourishes.
I used a black marker and hand detailed the center of the butterflies and then used glossy accents to puff up the bodies slightly.  I also used glossy accents on the Happy Birthday.  I used a stylus for the flowers, but for this one, I also decided to give it a try on the butterflies and it really added a beautiful shape.  So... I went ahead and did the leaves too.  Hee! Hee!  Well, it was a big hit!  There are lots of Birthdays next month, so I have lots more cards to make.  Thanks so much for visiting and I would really love to hear your comments!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Loving the colors and the butterfly looks like it will fly off the page. Your friends are all lucky to get such amazing cards with so much love in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card...looks like a photo out of a nature magazine! Love the colors and beautiful butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the butterflies and the colors you chose for this project. Anyone would love to get a card from the Cricut Couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're really coming up with some of the most beautiful cards!!! And, oh how this one has my juices flowing!!! I'm not the best cardmaker, but I keep trying, and yours are so very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're always an inspiration. Your cards are truly gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL! That paper I've seen before.. maybe in my own stash! tehehehe
    LOVE the look of this card!
    Butterflies and all... TFS!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card! I really love the Happy Birthday - what it is again that you used? Glossy Accents? I am going to have to look that up. Thanks for sharing!! - Sabrina @ http://sabrioletdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete