Monday, June 13, 2011

Hey Ya'll,
I have a really fun one for you all today!  This card is for a friend of mine who just got a new puppy.  He is as big of a dog freak as Jill and I, so I couldn't resist making this one.  This is inspired by one of Jeannie Phillips designs from a while back.  I printed off her adorable card and kept it in my Scraplift Book and as soon as I heard he got a new puppy, I just had to give it a try!  Hope you all like it!
 I used Birthday Cakes, Christmas Cheer and Paper Pups for this design.  The "It's a boy!" is welded with the Gypsy using Birthday Cakes.  The gift package is from Christmas Cheer and the puppy is from Paper Pups.  I cut three of the gift package and an extra cut for of just the bow.  This way, I could use many layers of the gift package and hide part of the puppy's body to look like he was popping out of the package.  This cuts the entire gift, so you have to snip here and there to make the lid separate from the base.  The dog is cut with the shadow in black so that there is a strong outline.
 I added a touch of glossy accents to the eye and nose on the puppy, as well as the brown letters to make them stand out.  I also coated all of the package ribbon with stickles to add a little more separation.  I then added some glittered polka dots with brown stickles and a couple of I-Rock - Hot Rocks.
I chose to keep the inside very simple.  I just inked the mats on this card with a chocolate ink.  I wanted everything on this one to be very clean.  He, and everyone at work, really enjoyed the card.  I would love to hear what ya'll think about it!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

7 comments:

  1. Ok, how completely adorable is this??? I love the blues you chose and with brown the card becomes even more striking! Pets are like family members in our house so I WOULD LOVE a pet card had I gotten a new baby pup!!! So cute!
    All the paper coming out of the box is gorgeous!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...what a precious card! That little pup is just too cute. Who wouldn't fall in love with a face like that? Love the pup inside the box with all the tissue...very clever touch! The blues and browns are such a great combo and all your extra touches just make every element POP! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this cute little card. I would have loved a card like this when I got my puppy many many years ago. ADORABLE. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I love it. I wonder if I could update that idea when a friend of ours gets a new horse? :)

    www.sarahscraftsandstuff@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOODNESS! This turned out soooo Stinkin' CUTE! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this card! Absolutely fantastic and super creative! Thanks for posting this, I might have to make something similar soon!

    ReplyDelete