Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dress Form Thanks for Being You Card...

Hey Ya'll,
I have something very different for you today.  This is another design inspired by the Cricut Circle Magazine.  Jill's boss received a birthday gift that was wrapped in some gold netting type of fabric and she was going to throw it away.  She also has a Cricut that we got her for Christmas.  Jill said... You don't ever throw things like that away!  She brought it home and it made me think of trying out this card to show her why you don't throw those things away.  Hee! Hee!
 For this card, I printed all of the paper using the Imagine and the Heirloom Cartridge.  I love the papers on this cartridge!!!  I used French Manor (dress form) Disney Happily Ever After (Thread Spool on inside of card) and Mother's Day bouquet (Flower on Dress).
 I used the sewing machine, cut the fabric and sewed one side of the cut.  I pulled the one thread through to create the ruffle.  I glued it to the dress from, added the ribbon and a flower in the center.  I used the I-Rock to add a gem in the middle of the flower.  I used a pre-cut tag shape and added the stamped sentiment on the front.  I used a Martha Stewart Border Punch for the lace edge.
On the inside, I used a simple white mat and rolled twine around the thread spool for fun.  This actually was lots of fun to put together.  We would love to hear what you think!  Thanks so much for the visit today!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card... Love the use of that material. And to think it was going to be thrown out! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another stunner! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is wonderful, and I don't throw away that stuff either LOL. You are such an inspiration to me with my Imagine THX

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! isn't it great to use fabric? and on your previous card to use stitching! Both cards are just great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is gorgeous! Now I know if I'm gonna throw something away that I should save it for you guys to create something fabulous with! LOL
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! This is FANTASTIC...I LOVE dress form cards but the bow and green are wonderful~!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete