Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Diva...

Hey Ya'll,
OK... This is not my favorite card because I can't stand cats.  I really can't!  I am totally a dog person.  I did have fun trying to figure this one out.  This was another special card request from someone at work.  The only thing she could give me to go on was... "She likes cats and beer".  Hee! Hee!
 For this design, I used Create a Critter, Princess Happily Ever After, MS Elegant Cake Art and Wall Decor and More.  The pillow and layers are cut at a height of 3.50, The Cat and layers are also at 3.50.  The crown is at 1.50.  Happy Birthday is at 2.00 and the Diva is at 1.20.  I also found a ball of yarn on one of the cartridges that could be used on the bottom.  I had this eyelash yarn that I rolled around a circle cut for the ball of yarn instead.
 I added some I-Rock Gems here and there and used some Glossy Accents on the sentiment and on the eyes of the cat.
I kept the inside simple and just added Diva to finish off the statement.  Overall, I was happy with the card, even though it has a cat on it.  Hee! Hee!  We would love to hear what you think!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute. Love the cat on the pillow with the crown. The eyelash yarn gives it so much dimension. Great thinking .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love it! She will too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand cats either! Prefer dogs! :o) The card is adorable though... I Like the pillow and the crown... the cats OK! LOL The card is great and I'm sure the person who will be getting this card will love it! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! And I'm not a cat fan either...lol! But this card is just too stinkin' cute not to love! That frilly pillow and crown are just perfect...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! If this card wasn't so purrrrfectly adorable, my kitties and I might be offended! But, I showed them all and even my dog (who is part cat) loves it!!! Lol -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I am crackin' up right now --- when I read your "I can't stand cats"!!!

    Ya see, I can't either! LOL LOL But. . . . I really do love your card, even tho it has a cat in it. LOL LOL They are such prima donnas, not like our sweet li'l pups, eh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beauty!!! You guys rock!!!

    Glad to be back; I've missed dropping in to experience your wonderful talent and inspiration!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like can't either....
    bet we could tell some great cat stories!!!
    We would stay on a farm every summer when I was growing up and we played with the cats as they are always so numerous and there is always a new litter of kitties to play with. Well I can remember us kids taking a big barrel up on Stump ridge, filling it withing kitties, placing the lid on it and pushing the barrel down the hill with the kittens in it.... we would just laugh and laugh when that barrel would hit bottom as the lid would always pop off and the kitties would try to scatter but couldn't. They couldn't even walk as they were so dizzy! Yup, bet we could tell a few cat tales!
    I know I am going to get nasty mail now but guess what, I still don't like cats!

    ReplyDelete