Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sew Special First Attempt

Hey Ya'll,
I have a really fun one to share with toy today.  This is the first time I have every tried Sewing Paper and I have to say... I am totally addicted!  I hope you like it as much as we did.  We loved the way it turned out.
 This was inspired by one of the designers on the Cricut Circle Blog.  They had a week where they shared pictures of their craft rooms and this type of design was one shared by a designer who always adds a brilliant project to everything.  I used Gypsy Font (welded the letters together with the shadow to make the Sew Special), Nifty Fifties (sewing machine and all layers), Preserves (Pin Cushion Shape) and Wall Decor and More (Hearts)
 I used the Imagine Carnival cartridge and printed the news print and paisley paper for the mats.  I also used this cartridge and printed 4 squares of random patterns to fill a 12x12 sheet.  I used the Gypsy to create all the shapes and then cut them out on the E2.  I used some real gathered lace and created my background mats and then sewed them with the sewing machine.  I couldn't believe how easy it was!  I took some twine and tied them in the center of buttons and then glued them to the hearts and placed the hearts throughout the card.
I repeated the same thing on the inside of the card and sewed around the sentiment mat.  This was SO much fun to create!  I would love to know what ya'll think about it!  Thanks so much for visiting today.

7 comments:

  1. I really like this one. I used to sew all my clothes. I even made suits for my boys when they were small, many moons ago. I have never sewn on paper. I have a craft machine, now I guess I will have to try it. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. I love the theme. I, too, used to sew all my clothes and Donna's. My machine is inconveniently placed in my garage. So I use that as an excuse not to sew on my cards. I need to quit doing that. Thanks for sharing your amazing talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...this turned out beautifully! I love the vintage feel of all the great background papers and lace. Love the stitching and the pins stuck in your sentiment mat, great touch! This is yet another beautiful card....great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card! It has a total vintage look and feel to it and is a cute as can be. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, thanks for the sneak peak. I love to sew on my cards just have to remember to do. I think I have too many gadgets, can't remember to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This looks fabulous! :o)Glad to see I'm not the only one using my Imagine! tehehehe
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete