Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sweet Baby Girl...

Hey Ya'll,
Sorry we have been so quite lately.  It's been a rough week.  Today, I finally got a little bit of energy back.  I had been wanting to make a card for Jill.  We have finally got to the point where we are remembering the fun times with Boots and the cute things she did over the years, rather than watching her through her sickness.  I wanted to do something special.  It brought tears, but it also brought a big smile.
 A couple of years ago, I caught my favorite feature in a picture of Boots.  Jill would sit in a chair and say "Come Here" to Boots while lightly tapped the floor.  Boots would move one inch at a time very slowly and sticking her tongue out as she inched closer and closer to Momma.  I found this picture in the thousands of doggy pics and took a craft knife and cut it out.  Our last night with Boots, we did one of her favorite things from when it was just the three of us.  We went "Bye Bye"... which always got her excited... no matter how bad she felt.  We loaded her in the car and went to Steak and Shake and got her a small bowl of vanilla ice cream.  She loved her special road trips and her special treats.
No matter what your faith, there is a heaven for dogs and I know she has been lapping up that ice cream as soon as she arrived.  She is probably already growing her wings, trying to wear her halo straight... but she is a fat little thing, so I doubt she had been able to get off the ground yet.  Hee! Hee!  It's such a fond memory and it made such a sweet card.  the ice cream is from Indie Art, bowl is from create a critter, wings are from 3 birds on parade and sentiment is welded and cut from printing press.  The printed paper used in this design is printed from Yummy on the Imagine.

One the inside of the card was some sweet notes talking about the pain we have both been through, but highlighting the good times.  It's getting a little easier, but it's still not going to go away for a very long time.  So... thanks for allowing us to share another personal moment from our very loved and very missed fat little girl.  We know she is playing with all our other loved fur babies just waiting until we can see her again.  I know it's a little indulgent, but it's always the most personal stories and special personal cards and layouts that truly inspire us to make great and personal gifts for our loved ones.

I have one more thing to share with you.  This, again, is indulgent, but I shot this picture today while I was working on the card.  I made this monster dog bed for Boots a long time ago, and Choxie has been sending a lot of quality time on it since Boots' passed.  After a morning of heavy playtime, this is what I found when I was trying to figure out why everything was so quite.  Aren't they adorable?  This is Ozzy (left) and Choxie (right).
Now that things are getting back to normal around here, we have some exciting projects and exciting news to share over the next couple of weeks.  Please come back and visit us on the 29th of July!  It's time for me to be the "Sassy Dude" again and this project is very cool!!!  You are really going to love it and will certainly want to download the Gypsy File, so be sure to stop back by.

Thanks so much for the thoughtful comments and prayers.  They mean so much!
Sincerely,
Bobby & Jill

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable...and so are those puppies. Hugs to you and Jill!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card in memory of Boots, sweet angel baby! And Ozzie and Choxie are the the sweetest and cutest fur-babies!!!

    I am so glad to hear things are getting back to normal, and Bobby -- congratulations again on becoming part of the Sassy team. It's really going to be great partnering with you as a team players, and I can't wait to see your first project! I'm so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a wonderful card, full of precious memories, about a special little girl. The ice cream story was very familiar to me. it reminded me of a fur baby of the past, a perfect little Bischon, named Cotton. I am so glad that you are both beginning to feel somewhat better. I know that those sweet babies, Ozzie and Choxie are great company and comfort for you. And Boots is watching you from her new home in Heaven. I am thrilled that you are back with new creations to share. I will for sure drop by Friday to see your surprise.

    I see that Audrey posted a comment just above mine. I spent some time with her while in Chicago. A more delightful person you will never find. And her creativity is beyond belief.

    Take care, and know that you have not left my prayers.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading your story brought tears to my eyes. It was very touching! But then, after seeing the two li'l tykes all snuggled in Boots' bed, brought a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing all of that w/ us.

    I'm guessing that Boots is sharing an icecream right now w/ my beloved Paddington. And Sasha is probably getting a few licks in there, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card and memory behind it. Thanks for sharing with us during this hard time in your lives.
    Thank you for playing along at http://ShesASassyLady.blogspot.com your entry has been received and you are eligible to win. Note you can enter a new design daily for more chances to win. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just dropped back by to say thank you on the wonderful suggestions to use that die!!! I love your suggestions on how to use it for Christmas and I think I'm going to do just that... LOL!!! Thanks much!

    Hugs, and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete